Chapter Fifteen: A Promise Fulfilled

Snow

My vision returned slowly, as did my recollection of the events last night. I stood, naked in broad daylight. I looked down at the ground and the bloody body of the traitor laid at my feet. Clearly dead it was her, Ana or Angelina as she was once known. My grandmother. I picked up her body with alarming strength and headed for Luna's. I was aware of my nakedness, I have been naked before in front of them but I had been unconscious at the time. Her breathe smelt of Hell Fire from living like them for so long. I wonder if the All Powerful One felt her absence from the world. I opened the door and laid her on the table. I found a robe and slipped it on.

"Mom? Grandpa Malcolm?"

"Yes dear?" my mother said from behind me.

"Could you get me an appointment with the Elders?"

"Of course."

"Don't go in the dining room mother."

"Alright, I'll be back shortly." I sat on the couch, and then decided to go up and shower. I turned on the hot water and stepped in. The blood and the forest debris fell from my body in a muddy and bloody waterfall. As I washed my hair, more memories from the night before came back to me; they made me fall to my knees as the guilt from killing my own blood swept over me. I had killed my grandmother. I let the tears fall down my now clean face. She was nothing more than a traitor; she was in love with the enemy she deserved to die. I kept telling myself these things...to console my guilty soul, my conscious. I turned off the water when it ran clear down the drain. I stepped onto the cool tile and dressed in a summer dress and sandals. I brushed out my hair the best I could and walked back down the stairs and put the body in a bag and carried it up the stairs to the study.

"Darling, they'll see you now."

"Thank you mother." I pushed open the oak doors and laid the bag on the ground. "Elders, also known as the Last Guardians, I give to you the traitor. Angelina Gold, also known as Ana Harris!" I undid the straps and the contents were revealed the naked dead body of Ana. Lover of the All Powerful One. I looked at my grandfather and he had tears in his eyes.

"How?" he whispered.

"She attacked me in the forest last night. We fought, I won. She is dead I am alive."

"You fulfilled your promise my darling grand daughter. Thank you. Please cover her."

"Yes sir, what do wish to do with the body?"

"The Elders and I will decide." I left the room leaving the body behind me. I was tired, but I managed to hear the snarls, and the sounds of ripping flesh, I ignored it and I went to the living room and collapsed onto the couch.

Lycan

I felt movement on the couch and the smell of death and decay, mixed with cherry blossoms. I woke up to find Snow falling asleep on the couch. I smiled and put a blanket over her. I whispered,

"I love you my Snow White." she mumbled something back and I took it as 'I love you too.' and I fell back against the cot. I was no longer tired so I removed myself from the room and saw her mother and mine talking in the kitchen. I stopped to listen.

"She killed her." Lena was in a state of disbelief,

"She attacked her first dear." my mother defended Snow,

"But she was my mother! She killed my mother!" Lena was confused, surely she wasn't defending the traitorous bitch?

"You never met the woman. She abandoned you! Remember that. She was sleeping with the enemy!"

"She was still my mother Maryanna."

"I understand that. But she was a traitor. She betrayed us!"

"Its not like she told him our secrets."

"But we have reason to believe she sent the Unspeakables to mess with Snow and Lycan."

"Believe what you will. My daughter is a murderer."

"No, she's not. She killed a former Guardian to save her life and her pack. She did what Marcus would have done. She followed through on the Sacred Promise."

"So nobody is going to side with me?"

"NO! Your mother was a traitor. She had relations with the enemy. She attacked your daughter!" I decided to move I didn't want to hear anymore of Snow's mother saying Snow deserved to die. I walked back into the living room and laid back down on the cot, and I took Snow's hand. I was worried what if her mother chose to follow in her own mother's footsteps? Betray us all out of anger. At least Ana had a good enough reason, I mean I would do the same for Snow and she me. Love is a good reason to do the unthinkable. I closed my eyes and fell back to sleep the traitor was dead. Now we just had to kill the Dragon King.

The All Powerful One

I sensed a change in the air surrounding me. I got up from the bed and searched around for Ana. Where was she? I searched everywhere calling out her name and everything. I went to the Blood Pool and saw her shimmering face in the liquid. No she can't be dead. No she can't be. I touched her face and her death replayed for me. Two snow white wolves faced off, no, no-no Snow killed my wife? My only true love my Angel? NO! Not my wolf, not her. Snow will die! Her mate will die! The prophecy is changing! I will kill them ALL!

*Luna*

I paced back and forth in my bedroom, checking the cloud formations periodically. To my amazement the clouds took on the shape of dragons. I rushed from the room, and found everyone asleep besides Lycan, Maryanna and Snow's mother. I rushed back up the stairs and banged on the study door. The door opened to reveal my father, covered in blood.

"Papa? Never mind. The battle will be sooner than I anticipated, the clouds are changing to dragons and tomorrow I guarantee the sky will be red."

"The battle will be tomorrow? Are you certain?"

"Either tomorrow or two weeks from now. But either way we must be prepared."

"supporX