Chapter Seven: Snow White

I want to thank all of you, who have been reading so far! This story and it's characters have been in development for almost five years! I encourage each and every one of you to vote, comment and keep reading! I want to apologize for how short Chapters 3-5 are...they were just fillers. Just to give you some background and whatnot. I hope you enjoy the rest of the story and its sequels!

With Much Love,

Victoria

Snow:

It was if I was trapped somewhere, unable to see, or smell. I couldn't even hear. The only thing I had was my thoughts and my 'inner ear'. I could feel of course, and the pain was unimaginable. It was as if someone had injected liquid fire into my veins. This must be the Unspeakable's poisonous talons at work, working with the previous one, the first one I'd ever killed or helped to kill. I remember when I was sucked into the world where vampires sparkled and fell in love with humans. Bella Swan went through something like this. The pure darkness surrounding me but I could feel the pain eating away at me, at what made me, me. I wanted to scream at the top of my lungs the image of Trevor's life ending replayed in my mind constantly, as if the pain and where I was stuck wanted me to destroy myself mentally. I wondered if this was the All Powerful One's doing. I wanted to call out to Lycan, to tell him I loved him, I wanted to feel his lips on mine. But somehow I knew I couldn't. It was like someone had clipped my vocal chords, silencing me; letting me be consumed by the white hot pain, like fire coursing through my fragile veins. I felt myself changing between wolf and human form and I knew I was scaring whoever was watching me.

I don't think I realized that Lycan couldn't be my true love; I couldn't comprehend him not being my True Love. I couldn't face the fact that if Trevor had been my True Love I would never wake up from this awful slumber, unlike my other trips into the dream world, I wasn't ever going to wake, not unless someone kissed me, or found another way to wake me. I was scared for the first time in my life, I was in a Death Sleep, I've read about it in the books my father gave me, it was a deadly spell cast by an Unspeakable. But I had done nothing to deserve this; I hadn't even killed this Unspeakable's maker. So I was left with this question, what did I do?

I knew deep within myself, that this couldn't possibly last forever, that someone would rescue me from myself. I had read about the countless attempts of Guardians trying to rid others of the Death Sleep. One case stuck with me though. It was the inspiration for the fairy tale, Snow White. Knowing me, I memorized the whole thing, the very first time I read the account. It wasn't difficult, most of the stories in Guardians; A History of Our Race it was full of the after affects of curses, jinxes, and spells Unspeakables and other creatures could cast. But the Death Sleep was what filled me with dread. It rendered the victim powerless, and confined within their nightmares. The only nightmare I have suffered from was one where I was completely alone; with no one but myself for company; I couldn't imagine what past Guardians saw and felt. The account was pretty straight forward really; but instead of an Evil Step mother, there was an Unspeakable, and instead of a beautiful princess, there was an equally beautiful Guardian woman. The Grimm Brothers got most of the facts correct of course, as they were Protectors at the time. But to keep with their themes in their fables, they changed some of the key elements; to make sure our race stayed a secret. Of course in the Guardian account, Snow White never woke up. Her 'prince' kissed her, and searched the land for a cure; but nothing was ever found. The Guardian died in her sleep; her Death Sleep while he was on his quest nearly ten years after his initial attempt. He died of a broken heart. I didn't want that for Lycan, of course I didn't want to die either, but the thought of the world without Lycan Taylor Johnston in it, just didn't seem right to me.

Lycan*

I sat there just holding her hand or her paw whichever state she was in. I was deeply afraid to kiss her, afraid for the failure. What if I wasn't her true love? What if I couldn't find a way to wake her? I could tell she was in pain. The constant transformations had to be taking a toll on her fragile frame and her recent injury. I knew she was in a horrible place, because of the close contact with her I could see her dreams,