Michael grabbed my wrist and jerked me back as I made for the door. "Dylan, you can't go. The vision. I saw someone dying. A man, and he was under a building. It was weak, and it collapsed on top of him. He was dead."

I clenched my jaw. "Michael, that doesn't mean that it was going to be me. And at any rate, not one thing you could say is going to prevent me from going. I've already broken too many things today."

I turned away and grabbed my coat. "Dylan," Michael said. "What happened?"

I fisted my hands into my jacket and kept my voice neutral as I unlocked my door. "Nothing."

I heard him tapping my floor behind me. "Bullshit. Spill."

I sighed and turned back around, sitting on the couch. I supposed I had a little bit of time, considering it was only early afternoon.

"So Siena and I have been fighting for the past few weeks, I'm sure you know. A few days ago, she called me and told me she wanted to make things better. I, for one, was excited. Then, the bridge collapse happened this morning. I had to leave while we were talking, and I think I just sacrificed my friendship over the bridge."

Michael wasted no time in smacking the back of my head, rather harshly and painfully. "You complete and utter idiot." He hissed, hitting me once again, drawing another exclamation of pain. "I'm not saying you shouldn't have gone off to save the bridge people, that's what any good person would have done. But why don't you tell her? It's stupid you won't, and I'm getting tired that you're not taking in account the fact that she is in love with you."

I blushed fiercely, and shook my head. "That's ridiculous. Siena has never felt anything for me other than friendly feelings."

Michael scoffed. "Sure. Dylan, the girl has loved you for five years now. She's never stopped. You and your stupid need to not have another person in danger. You're not realizing one thing. That girl, and the way you act around her, that's putting her in danger because she doesn't know. She can protect herself. You have to tell her. You're giving up way too much because of this. There's a limit to sacrifice. Somethings you can't live without."

I sighed. "Michael-"

"No." He cut me off. "It's not complicated. It's simple. You need to tell her."

"Fine." I muttered. He was right. It was getting to be time. "But first, we need to find that place, and protect it. You are going to head back home and pretend like nothing ever happened. You just had a moment where you needed to talk to your big brother. I don't want them worrying."

"You're an idiot if you think I'm leaving you here alone."

"How did you get here?" I asked simply.

"Train." He countered. I seized his arm and closed my eyes, feeling the free-falling sensation. When I opened my eyes, we were back in his room, in Myers Park. I tossed him onto the bed.

"You're gonna stay here until I call and say everything's fine."

"Dylan, no I'm-"

I didn't wait for an answer, and vanished.

I reappeared in my car and called Jake, briefing him on the situation. He agreed to meet me on 85th, and I changed before I began to head there. I drove as fast as I could without running over pedestrians, and by the time I reached 85th St through all the traffic, it was already beginning to darken. My best guess, we had about 12 hours to find out what was going on and stop it.

"Dylan!" Jake climbed out of the taxi as it sped off and jogged up to me.

"Shut up!" I yelled back. He could give away my identity.