Chapter 1 (E)

~*~ Edited ~*~

My breathing gets heavier and heavier as I weave between trees hoping to shake them off my tail. It doesn't work. I am being chased by three HUGE werewolves. The one in the middle, who seems to be the leader is dark brown with green eyes. The wolf to his left has grey fur with streaks of white and hazel eyes. The wolf on the right has sandy blonde fur with dark brown eyes.

I am a fox. I have two different shifts. I can be a normal fox; red fur with black on my legs, the tip of my tail, and head. I can also be a little larger fox with black fur and grey around my face and legs. I am a black fox shifter. In both forms, I have crimson red eyes. Black fox shifters are rare and have heightened senses, more than werewolves already do.

There weren't many fox shifters to start out with, only enough to make up one pack. That was until a few months ago. My pack was attacked by rogues while we were having the ceremony to welcome the new Luna, my mom. Only my brother, Jackson and I made it out, barely. Jackson was attacked and got a deep bite on his shoulder. He's healing in our makeshift den. He is probably already healed but I made him stay and rest. I am 17 while he is 16.

I was in my fox form while hunting, I found a meadow and laid down there for a little bit. Then I heard a bush rustle. I jumped up and growled. Three very large werewolves jumped out and snarled at me. They're going to try to eat me... As far as everyone knows, fox shifters are extinct I know the Sunshade pack is nearby so I run toward their pack so the rogues can't chase me longer.

I am getting closer and closer to the pack's' territory. All the sudden the leader of the vicious wolves jumps on my back and tackles me to the ground. I yelp at the sudden impact. I look up to see the snarling wolf stare at me. I howl and bark trying to get the attention of the guards on watch. The wolf bites my shoulder to try and make me be quiet. I, however, howl louder which draws the attention of two guards. Stupid wolf.

The wolf steps off me and grabs the scruff of my neck when the men show up, still in their territory. He does this to show them he got me fair and square and I am his. When he picks me up, I start to whimper and look at the guards. They look at me with sad eyes. I start to thrash around in hope that the wolf will let me go, but it doesn't work. I look right into the guard on the rights eyes and whine. I quickly swing my head back and bit the neck of the wolf. He let me go as he howls in pain. I quickly scamper over the territory line and fall as I get behind one of the men.

'THERE'S BLOOD ON MY FUR!!!' My Fox Vixie yelled.

'I can't do anything about that.' I snap back.

'Get the guards to take us back and clean us up.'

'And how do you suggest I do that?'

'Whimper and trip, fall over yourself, overreact basically.'

While Vixie and I are talking, the rogues growl and walk away.

'Fine.' I said as I yelp. The two men look at me with concern. I try to stand up but fall, not even starting to act hurt. Shit. I'm actually hurt. Jackson's going to kill me. The man that I looked at earlier slowly sticks his hand out. He gets on his knees and crawls toward me with his hand still sticking out. He has dark brown hair with emerald green eyes. He is about 18 and very tall, like 6'4.

I slowly put my head near his hand and smell it. I have a sense that lets me know if a certain person could be a danger to me. This man smiled as I rub my head in his hand. I try to stand but once again fall, but this time, I fall into the man's arms. He lifts me up to where I rest in his arms and had my back on his chest. I snuggle closer and close my eyes. Darkness soon takes over me.

When I wake up, I look around to see white walls. The whole room is white. Am I in heaven? I look down to notice I am laying in a hospital bed. This must their Infirmary. I try to stand up but I just end up falling right back on the bed. I yelped in pain.

'Stop moving so much.' Vixie says.

'I can't help it, we need to get back to Jackson before he thinks something wrong.'

'Technically there is.' Vixie chuckles.

'Yeah, yeah, laugh it up, we need to get back to him before he goes out looking for us.'

I try to stand up once again but let out an even bigger yelp. I sigh, giving up. Two large men run into the room. I know one of the men is the man who brought me here, but the other must be the doctor. He is wearing a doctors uniform after all. When the familiar man gets closer to me, he slows down and sticks his hand out. I immediately rub my face on his knuckle and purr.

He chuckles, looking over to the doctor and motions him toward us. The doctor sticks his hand out cautiously. I sniff it reluctantly but he smells trustworthy enough.

'JENNA!!! JENNA HELP!!!' I hear Jackson's panicked voice through the pack link. Each pack gets their own link so they can talk to their pack no matter how far away they may be.

'Jackson! Whats wrong!' I respond hurriedly, frightened for his answer.

'There's a rogue!'

Jackson can fight rogues in his condition! Plus the last rogue he fought, he almost died! He doesn't even have his full strength yet.

'Jackson, he hasn't hurt you has he?'

'Well... uh... he scratched my face. And he al- AHH!!'

'Jackson!'

There was no response.

'JACKSON!' I start to whine and try to stand up. I whimper as I manage to stand up. Me being a black fox shifter, I can mind link to anyone I want to. Yes, yes, this may sound like a lot of bullshit but hey, being a black shifter has its perks.

'Hi, I need your help, quickly.' I link the man who helped me here.

'Who is this.' He answers looking around.

'I'm Jenna, the fox,' He looks down at me, 'I need to save my brother, would you mind taking me to him? He's in trouble, there's a rogue in our den and he's been scratched. He was previously hurt and I think something happened to him. Please!'

A tear slips down and hits my muzzle, I whine in pain. Both physical and emotional. He picks me up and runs out the house leaving the people sitting in the living room confused.

'It's a few miles out from the border of your territory.' I quickly linked him.

~*~ Time Skip To Jenna's Den~*~

When we get to my den, the roof is collapsed. I run over and start to dig the dirt away when a shadow appears over me. I look up to see a huge wolf towering over me. My eyes widen as he lunges at me. In mid-air, I see another wolf run into his side. I take this opportunity to finish digging my way into the den. As I get in I am met with...

1,268 Words