Eighteen: Wake-up!

Walking across the foyer with head bow down, I bumped the glass door in front of me. It is awful! I touch my frontal area of my head and glance around; thank God, no one is here! I guess I am the first one to arrive. I walk towards Nathan’s office, the door is open but he is not here; is he late or am I too early? Yes, I am too early… it’s just 8:30 in the morning! I head towards the waiting area and sit on the couch. My head hurts big time. I start to browse magazines to distract myself from pain. Ah, this could not help! I bow down and touch my forehead, I feel small contusion, not my day, I guess.

“Here, place it on your head, this isn’t ice but it is really cold. It might help somehow.” I lift my head up, it is Ian, handing me a bottle of cold water sweetly smiling at me.

“Umm, thanks…” I reach and place it on my head.

“I saw how your head hit the glass door, it is kind of tough, isn’t it?” he grins as he sits on the couch beside me.

“Yeah. I did not notice. I was thinking then. ”

“You are early, you know.”

“I guess I got to use to wake up four in the morning that is why.”

“Oh, really. I thought you haven’t had a good sleep.”

“Good and long sleep, I always had those.” I smile at him.

“Great to hear then, good for you. After our conversation last Friday, I didn’t have any good and long sleep at all.” He smirks.

“I am sorry, Ian,” I stare down and sigh.

"You don't have to."

“No. I must. I never tried to understand you.” I should start talking about it since I feel that this is just the right time that I have been waiting for. I don’t want to lose Ian and I hope he doesn’t want to lose me too.

“Don’t be, Kiara. It is my fault.”

“No, it is my fault too. I should have understood your situation, how difficult it is.” My tears start to fall and I cannot hold back.

“Do not cry. I don’t want to see you crying because of me.” He moves closer and lifts my chin to wipe off my tears.

“I am sorry. I should’ve realized it earlier. I must be the one to support you, the one who can accept you and understand all your issues. But I did not. I am inexperienced, immature and selfish.” I snort, “I expect too much from you, from this relationship. That’s why I never let myself fall in love before…love doesn’t hurt but expectations do.”

“Stop. I don’t want to hear it.” I stare at him and our eyes met. He cups my face with his hands and moves closer to his face until his nose touches my nose. I could smell his breath, minty. In just a few, his lips are on mine. I part my lips and begin to kiss him, exploring his mouth. He responds to my kiss, yearning, longing, and loving. His hand moves to my nape as he begins to deepen his kiss. I moan. I place my left hand on the back of his head and my right continues to caress his back. Our tongues intertwined. This is so hot. He leans me to the couch as we continue to kiss. We part our lips to catch our breath and begin to kiss again, this time hungrier, more yearning and longing… more passionate. Ian travels his right hand on the base of my neck towards my shoulder and down to my arm. He moves his hand horizontally towards my breast and fondles it. The sensation is new yet it is pleasurable and electrifying. I moan as Ian continues to kiss me fervently. He slips his hands under my shirt, slides on my back and unhooks my bra. Ian pushes himself to me and I can feel his erection. His hand cups my breast and strokes it gently. I moan loudly on my lips. I can feel my body responding to Ian’s touch. I want him. I want him now.