Six: Ian's POV

My phone rings.

“Ian, I think I’ll go with you tonight. If you still want to.” She said on the line.

“That’s great! Okay I’ll collect you at six. Is that okay with you?” I exclaim.

“Yeah, sure. See you then. Bye.”

“Can’t wait to see you. Bye!” And she hangs up.

I knew she would change her plan. I’m confident about that. I grin. Well, thanks to Nathan for bringing Gaile, though he doesn’t need someone to accompany him, I just insisted. I didn’t know why I invited her to dinner. Maybe I was just bored here since I don’t know anyone here in LA aside from Nathan whom I know since childhood.

I rush to my Audi and head towards her house for the third time. Yes, this would be the third since the other night. I'm not a stalker. Just. So. You. Know.

I remember the first time we meet. I just had from a fight with my father, I wanted to shout at him but I couldn’t, so I looked for a place just to isolate myself…away from him. I was about to shout when someone came from the washroom. It was Kiara, wearing jeans and a white hoody shirt. I could not believe when she said she was one of the agency’s models. Honestly, with that kind of fashion, she doesn’t look like one. I chuckle. I heard a phone rung inside the washroom; I took it and rushed outside to hand it to her (I could sense it was hers). However, I couldn’t see her. Do models really walk fast?  Because she really did… I walked trough the exit. I saw her heading towards the parking lot, went inside her car, and started it. I think I scared her. Did I? Am I scary? I don’t think so. I smirked.

I rode my Audi R8 and followed her. I did catch her up and thank heavens she drove slowly. I tried to make a beep behind her car, but she speeds up, 100kph I think? I stayed close to her car and made few beeps but she sped up again and turned in a street. I still followed her. I parked few blocks away and saw her parked in a big white house. I was having second thoughts of going there. Soon I remembered that she is a model in the agency, I could see her every time and I could give it to her anytime. And I didn’t have to follow her that far.

But I already did. Stupid.  I guess I had been pre occupied since I got here in LA. I was expecting father would now give me the control of the company after I finished my Masters in Business Administration in Harvard. But I was wrong. I know he wouldn’t give me the company that easy, I should’ve known him that much since I am his son. Ever since, he’s not easy on me. He told me to work harder to get what I want. I was and I am still working hard for this shit but he’s really giving me a hard time. I just can’t accept it. He made me the head of the marketing department and made me manage the modeling agency. How would I start in this? This is not what I made for. I should be the one up there and making decisions for the whole company…not just here. I will not accept his offer, certainly.

My thoughts end when I am near Kiara’s house. I park outside their house and jump out of the seat. I walk through their garden and reach their doorstep. I am about to press the doorbell when she opens the door.

“Hi, Ian.” she smiles sweetly. Charming.

“Hi, Kiara.” I smile back.

“Could you please wait for a few minutes? I just need to finish cooking.”

“Sure. I don’t mind.”

“Come in.” And she opens the door widely and leads me to the living room. “Take a seat.” Well, I’ve been here last night.  She heads back to the kitchen. But I decided to I stand up and follow her. “Hey, why are you here?” she asks.

“Mind if I watch?” She is stirring the casserole.

“It’s okay.” She grins. Sweet.

She tastes the dish and makes a sour face. “You sure about cooking?”

“Want to taste it?” She grins widely.

“No thanks. I am fine watching you cook. Who’s going to eat that anyway?”

“Katherine, my sister. She’ll be here in half an hour.”

“I bet she won’t eat that.”

She turns and narrows her eyes at me. “Why are you are so mean? Trust me she will eat it.”

“Wanna bet?”

“If it is a large amount of money, then I cannot risk it.”

“You are afraid to lose, aren’t you?”

“No, I am not. I just don’t have the money and I am not rich as you.” She smiles. Her honesty is one of the adorable things that I like about her. At least she is not like other woman who tells a lie just to impress their man. She switches off the stove and turns to me. “Are you having second thoughts of going out?”

“Of course not. I was just enjoying watching you.”

Oh, I hate long drive but I know this is all worth it, with Kiara kept talking while I was driving, I didn’t notice I was laughing with her silly jokes and side comments. This girl is funny and easy to talk with yet when I compliment her she just kept quiet and blush. She must really don’t know how to take praises as if she is not believing what others say. Well, I am here to help her out with that.