Three: Need a Break

“Who the hell was me?” Startled, I reply quickly with a question not knowing what to say to him. He is standing across the room and looks flustered. It seems he had been in a fight or something. He is wearing jeans and a black V-neck shirt.

“Yes, you.” He frowns.

“I’m Kiara. One of the models.” I reply. I notice he’s holding a black plastic bag, not big though. I thought of the book I just finished and it was about a psycho who chops the head of his victim, especially beautiful women, and slid it into a black plastic bag. It’s somewhat creepy! I erase that thought on my mind ‘coz I know I might freak out. He must be the one to clean the dressing room. “Are you going to clean now? I’m sorry if I stayed a bit too long.” I pick up my things and rush through the door.

Oh my God! I walk to the hallway and felt someone’s following me. I rushed towards the parking lot. No. Not me, okay?  I am close to my car. I open the door of the driver’s seat of the black BMW, and immediately start it. Jeez! That was close! I sigh.

Right now, my mind is occupied with that guy a while ago. He doesn’t look like a psycho one. He actually has good looks. That was an understatement. He’s gorgeous. Beautiful. Sexy. Hot. And yummy. I giggle on that thought. And I remember again the novel. Yeah. The psycho was handsome too. Oh, God! I must stop reading those kinds of books. But I love reading suspense novels. I can’t help it.

I am driving along the busy streets of Los Angeles. Yeah. I’ve been here for 22 years. I really need a break…from this busy life…busy people. Busy… But I can’t because I’m busy. And that really sucks.

I want to go far from here. I need some space… I need air… I need peace.

“Beeeeeeeep!!!!!!”

“Shit!” I jump on my seat as I hear the car behind me. I noticed I have been driving at 35 kph. I said I needed peace! Such noisy and nosy people! I step on the accelerator and drive in 100kph. Yeah… fast cars. Well, I’m here in LA. It’s normal. But I return to normal speed as I got a distance from that stupid car behind me. I thought I got far from that stupid driver. That Audi R8 is just beside my car and made many beeps…damn! I speed up again and turn to a shortcut heading towards my house.

Stupid driver! What was he up to?

At last, I’m home! My sister Katherine is already sleeping, I guess so. It’s 10 PM by the way. I really need a sleep since I was spacing out the whole day. And it’s not me.

I head up to my bedroom. And wow…Yeah, it’s clean. Someone bragged in and cleaned my room. I left it disastrous a while ago and now it’s clean. I know it was Katherine since we’re just the two of us living here in this big house. My brother, Ken, is living in a dorm near his school. He doesn’t want to be bothered by us while studying. His school does have high fees and big allowance but I know it is worth it especially for my smartass brother. I go for a three-minute shower since my eyes are drooping. Yeah three minutes, I do not how I do that, it takes a lot of time to practice. I brush my teeth afterwards, comb my brunette hair and went to bed with a wet head.

What a lovely day! Sun’s shimmering on my face. Wow! That’s what you call sleep! I turn to my right side to glimpse at my bed clock. NO WAY! It’s already 11 AM. I rush downstairs and saw Katherine preparing for lunch in the kitchen.

“Good morning, Ate!” she’s sweetly smiling at me.

“Good morning. Sorry I woke up late. Why didn’t you even wake me up in the first place? I must be the one cooking here, you know.” I walk towards the kitchen to make a coffee. Ate…yes my mother taught that to us. Ate means an older sister and Kuya means older brother. While the youngest one is called Bunso. I found it sweet so we adapt it and since we are at Lax, no one uses that, I guess.