Fourteen: Confrontations

Ian kisses me for the second time and it feels like heaven. But I just cannot bear the thought that he was just mocking at me. Why did he kiss me? I don’t understand him. I don’t know what he wants from me. Stupid, of course the one that most of the guys want from girls. But his kiss… very passionate, I feel thee love with it or it was just lust? I could not control it. My tears fall freely. Kiara, you are so sensitive.

“Why, Kiara? Why?” I can’t answer. He hugs me tight. “Kiara, I’m sorry if I have done something wrong. You know, I never mean that. I like you. I don’t want to hurt you. I could not tolerate seeing you in pain. I want you happy. Please. Stop crying. I am really sorry” He pulls away. He lifts my chin and stares at me. I can see he is hurting. He wipes my tears with his thumb. “Kiara, c’mon tell me what’s wrong.”

I inhale deeply. “I think I am falling in love with you.” I start to cry again. Yes, I am falling in love with Ian Theodore Harris. I don’t care if I look like a fool, I just want to say it. However, I never plan to continue this stupid thing. I am not expecting him to return what I feel for him.

“Is that bothering you?”

“Umm, yes, this is wrong. This thing is only for fools. I don’t want to be one. I never want to make any mistake in my life.”

“No, Kiara. Stop thinking that way. This is not wrong. You are not going to make any mistake, do not over think. Please.”

“No, Ian. You don’t know what I feel. You won’t lose anything. This is the first time I felt this, I don’t want to do something that will make me regret in the end.”

“I know what fears you…stop thinking that you regret loving me. I will take care of you. I will not break your heart, Kiara. I won’t hurt you. I’ll kill myself if I do that.”

“Ian, I am… scared…”

“I know. But do not think of that. Let us enjoy the moment being together. You. Are. Mine. And I am yours, baby.” He kisses my knuckles and gives a gentle kiss on my lips. He hugs me tight. “Thank you for telling me this. I am overwhelmed. This is such a wonderful birthday present.”

I pull away. I frown at him. “Yes, today is my birthday.”

“Umm… Happy birthday to you. I wish you’ll have a good one.”

“It is far from good. It is great, Kiara. You made me happy this day.” And he kisses me gentle on my lips, sweet, soft, loving. I do not want this to end. I don’t want to think anymore. Just Me and Ian, for now.

***

Ian left a few minutes ago... I just couldn’t believe what happened. I am very glad. I feel ecstatic. Ian and I…together? I hug myself. Jeez! You’re late Kiara, stop daydreaming. Oh my…I’ve never been late in my whole life. This is the first record ever. Nathan will be disappointed for sure. I rush towards the bathroom and take a bath as quickly as I can. I get dressed and dry my hair fast. Today is the photoshoot of the World Shirts. I feel this one will be famous worldwide. Surpassing perfection…Go beyond people could imagine…Exceed limits… Ian is now conquering the world. Pretty tough, yet I know he can do it. I head off to the office.

“You are late, Kiara. This is a bombshell!” she chuckles.

“Gaile, you are early. Is this the end of the world?” I laugh.

“You got me there! By the way, here is your shirt and jeans. Change now and go to Leila and Stefan afterwards.”

“Okay thank you.”

I head towards the dressing room. You have to be kidding me! The design is really cool. Credits to the designer, such a good hand work. Well, this really fits. This is just so me…shirt and jeans. I giggle. I take a picture of myself and post it on the Instagram. It feels like I’m with Mom. My phone vibrates, oh, five likes in an instant…three from my cousins in the Philippines, one from Ken and the last one is from Ian. He left a comment.