Four: Just eat...it will be okay

“Hey! Sorry, I’m late.” That voice… sounds familiar.

“No, you’re just in time, Ian. By the way this is Gaile” and points out to her who sits on my right “…and Kiara.” I smile to him.

“Nice to see you again, Kiara. Ian.” He stares as he extends his hands to me after he does it with Gaile. I reach it and shake. Nice to see you again? Where did I meet this oh-so-hot man? He wears tight fitted jeans, a white V-neck shirt, and a black leather jacket. I ogle him from head to toe, thinking where and when did I met this guy. Oh, shit! Last night.

“Well, h-hi!” I awkwardly smile to him as I remember my thought of him being a psycho. I can feel my cheeks turning red. I just bow my head to hide it while I could see Gaile from my peripheral that she was actually examining Ian. How rude of her!  I just can’t do that. But I just ogle him too, right?

“So, Ian what do you do?” Gaile starts to ask as Ian sits beside Nathan.

“He is ac--” Nate is going to answer when Ian brags.

“I’m a new employee in the agency and a member of the marketing team of L’une. So from now on we will be working together.” He said to us as I lift up my head up. Oh yeah. He is. I saw him inside the dressing room. He is too handsome for a janitor. No…it’s not his job. Shame on you, Kiara!

“I thought you are a model. But honestly, I thought you’re Nate’s new boyfriend,” and she turns to Nathan “…oh, Nate, sorry for that.” Gaile laughs. I thought you were a psycho then a janitor. Shame on me.

“I’m not a model. That’s not my specialty.” He chuckles.

“Why?” I finally say a word.

“’Coz I don’t have the guts.” He answers as he stares at me.

“I do have that kind of thinking too. But Nate told me that everyone could be a model as long as you have confidence in yourself.” I tell him straight.

“Well, maybe I don’t have that confidence to walk naked on the runway.” He smirks.

“We’re not naked. But we can… I mean, I can, not Kiara.” Gaile said as she chuckles.

And we start laughing.

The chatting has been quite long. We talk about life, modeling, family, love… Yeah I remained silent on that part. Therefore, I am just listening to their chatting What would I tell that I haven’t been in a relationship with any person? I’m still a virgin at 22 ‘coz I don’t want the urge to have sex. Yikes! How shameful. If they’ll ask about me, I would tell them my mom’s somewhat strict when it comes to boys. She told us to focus on our studies first because boys are just everywhere.

But real love isn’t. It comes once in a lifetime…and I think the man for me hasn’t arrived yet or just did but I have never noticed yet.

“How about you, Kiara, have you ever been in love?” Nate asks smirking. I know that he is just teasing me. How could he not know? I told him everything about my life. That bastard! Want to play, Nate?  I look at him.

“I never had a relationship before but I was once in love in a second and being heartbroken in just a minute.” I start talking.

“What? Seriously! You haven’t told me that, best friend!” Gaile cry out and emphasize on best friend. I stare at her and I really want to laugh now but I hold my self. I eye Nate who looks awful. I glimpse at Ian (‘coz I can’t stare at him, I don’t know why) and he is just staring at me as if waiting for me to continue.