Five: The world is moving round and round

I cough. Like me? Did I hear him right?

“Kiara, are you okay?” he sounds worried as he hands me a glass of water.

I take a sip. “Yeah. I am. Thank you.” I smile to him and eat again. Maybe he just likes my company. I'm witty and full of sense of humor that I know. I'm confident about it. I love talking to people. Listening to their thoughts…giving some piece of advise. Yeah, I got it from my dad. My dad was a real estate agent and he always got the deal. Yes, my dad. I was daddy’s girl I admit that. I sigh.

I finish my sandwich fast and have a slice of my pizza. I know Ian is staring at me smiling. I lift my head and look at him. “You like?” I ask him.

“Yes I do, if you want to give me a slice. I’ll accept it whole heartedly.” He smiles charmingly. What’s with this guy? And that smile…beautiful smile. Oh, my heart…it keeps on beating faster. Tachycardia, eh? I take a slice and put it on his plate. “Thank you. I thought you wouldn’t share it.” He chuckles.

“I know you want it. You’ve been eyeing on my pizza.” I roll my eyes and laugh.

We finish our meal in no time. He insisted to pay for my meal too. I guess it is really a man’s job to pay when he’s on a date. Wait date? What am I thinking? We were not dating. We just eat, right?

I sigh. “That’s the fourth.” He said as we walk across the street heading to the bar.

“Hmm? Fourth?” I ask.

“Sigh.” Had he been counting my sighs all the while? How could he.

“You know sighing expand the lungs; it opens the air sacs that ease our breathing.” I explain to him.

“Oh. How did you know that?”

“I just know.” I answer smiling as we approach the door towards the bar. As we walk towards our table, all eyes are staring at us.

“Don’t be ridiculous guys, we just ate.” I told them as I sit beside Gaile.

We stayed until 10 PM. I feel nauseous and dizzy as we walk towards the exit. Phew! The world is moving round and round, baby. I smirk. I fidget when someone grabs my elbow. It was Ian. Maybe he notices it. I’m really not used to drinking. Fortunately, I ate before having shots. I mutter “Thank you.”

I look at Gaile. She is singing her heart out as we pass through the exit door. She’s walking with the by passers while singing and doing that repeatedly. I know there was something going on. The way she acts, it is a bit strange. I will ask her tomorrow when she’s not drunk.

Nathan turns to me. “How can she be your best friend? I couldn’t imagine you doing that too.” He laughs.

I laugh too. “I don’t know how. But you know, Nate, birds of the same feather flocked together… I could imagine you doing that too.” We laugh again.

“By the way which car did you two used?” Nate asks.

“Hers. She just fetched me. Anyway, I will drove Gaile to her house and drop it there.” I answer.

“No you wouldn’t. I know you’re already dizzy, Kiara. You’re not used to this. I’m driving her home. We’ll just leave her car at the parking.” Nathan says and turns to Ian. “Ian, could you do me a favor, please?”

The next thing I know. I am sitting beside Ian in his black Audi R8.

“Nice car, huh?” I mutter.

“Umm… I know. Thanks.” He grins. He places his hands on the steering wheel and starts to drive. I couldn’t argue with Nathan any further about this and besides I'm really dizzy. I just close my eyes…