Chapter42: Interrogation

🎭🎭🎭

The tension inside Griggs started running throughout his body as he scanned all those strange men with lots of gold around their necks and wrists. They were fully armed and dangerous in his own opinion.

He was sudden brought in there when he's at the bar club, having fun when those men appeared and dragged him after asking him some questions. And when he told them that he's working in Belle Reve, Johnny immediately knocked him down and woke up in the strange place.

Griggs have no idea what he have done to be in their hands.

He observed the place but he found nothing interesting except to those set of knives circling him, where his chair was sat with him on it. He wasn't tied or what, he was just sitting and never attempted to do some stupidity for his life.

"Okay guys, what's this?" he asked, clearing his throat when his eyes darted upon Johnny who's checking different blades on the table.

"Shut up, you're not told to speak, unless boss want you to." Johnny pointed the knife towards him that in his calculation had a seven inch in length and a very sharp blade.

The place was painted in discoloring white with multiple vandals of HAHA's which actually defaced the wall.  Griggs tilted his head once more, and the golden knob of the door just in front of him caught his attention, making him to be pissed when an engraved clown on it stole his visions.

C--Clown?! Shit! Was it... was it--

Griggs jolted in his sitting position when the door swung open, ejecting the figure of a man with a green hair and white face.

"J--Joker. . " His adam's apple bobbed down and up with his throat started drying, asking for a cold water. His eyes met his, making all the sweat inside his body to go out its pores. Griggs felt his surrounding so hot with his heart pounding in the most abnormal way.

"Oh, we have guess," Joker said, smiling so wide without life in his eyes; they're sparkling so maniacally, never attempted to take off his eyes on him.

"W--What do you--"

Griggs was cut off when he felt the click of the gun that was pointing on his temple. He swallowed hard, freezing.

"Don't ask," Johnny said who's standing beside him, "you're not allowed to."

"Johnny, don't be so sadistic." The clown waved his hand across his face, smirking."He's our friend and we must treat him well, musn't we?" He then stood inches away from Griggs, looking down upon him. "Just let him ask."

As the Joker was that closed, he just realized that he's so terrifying the way he talk, the way he smile, the way he act and everything! He was motherfucking horrifying the way he just gaze towards him as if he's gonna feed him to something else he has if he made wrong moves-- without hesitation- He once just saw him through papers, and now that he's actually real-- in front of him-- he wished that he should've not been born in the world.

"A--Are you gonna kill me?"

"Yes, if you don't answer my questions so well, you'll be the food of my hungry haynes, how's that?"

"Oh shit! Please no! I'll cooperate, pleas, Mister J!"

Joker chuckled, "Anyways!" He bounced on his lap, caressing his face through the back of his paled hand with different sizes of rings on it touching his skin. Griggs worrying about the clown hitting his face on that caused him to flinch, blinking simultaneously.

"Tell me about the things you know, honey," Joker said in a husky voice, melting him with his devil eyes. The desire to know everything from him was making the clown's orbs to be more affrighting. "And I promise not to kill you if you became a good boy. . . Where's Harley?"

Griggs rose his brow, progressing his question. "What?"

"You heard me!" He back-hand slapped him causing him to wince in the sudden pain from the rings. Joker then grabbed him on his jaw, leaning his face even closer. "Don't ask me to repeat myself, moron. To let you know, my hands are itching to slice your throat and let your corpse to be dried under the sun! Now! where's Harley?!"

"Jail! in jail, sir! Oh god please, she's in Belle Reve!"

"Give me the exact place and when you get there, tell her that I'll be there soon-- to take her out."

"H. . .Huh-- I mean yes, just please don't kill me. "

"Oh I can see that you're cooperating."Joker then pulled his handgun from his holster and slowly trace Griggs' jawline. "You know my friend," His deep voice was bringing him a severe chills, "if ever authorities have known what I'm planning to do, I will chase after you, rip you into pieces and send your torn parts to your family, is that clear?!"

The poor man got froze on his sit, purely locking his eyes upon the Joker with the oppression of fear under him.

"I--I will never ever broadcast it to anyone, Sir. . ." The voice of him was almost stuck in his throat that it's so hard for him to release.

"Make an oath, worm," Joker grinned so wide at him, showing him his silver teeth. "Tell me: I promise to my future corpse."

"I--I promise. . ." Griggs choked in his own words, trembling nonstop. Why? He was taught to drop his throth-- to his future corpse-- to not spread the plans of this psycho, isn't it horrifying?

"I can't hear you!"

"I promise to my future corpse!"

The madman released a loud cackle, patting him on his head. "You're learning, asshole." He then stood on his his feet, looking at Johnny. "Bring him back, and if ever he made some stupid things while you're on your way, bury him alive." He turned around to leave but he seemed forget something as he tilted back. "Oh, and don't forget the exact place of Harley."

Joker and his goons were finally on their way to the Belle Reve Prison. As they passed over buildings, they've noticed most of the high structures were destroyed with fire on top of it. Joker also saw firemen and people who were evacuating from the damaged places but the thing that got their attentions was when they spotted people from little miles away, to the corners walking in unsteady way while attacking?

People started running and screaming.

"Oh, there's something interesting here," he said, giggling, "park the car for a moment. As Johnny stopped the engine, Joker hopped down and the moment he saw the area, his eyes sparkled in amusement when he saw the half of it almost destroyed.

"I've heard that there were inmates from Belle Reve who had escaped, boss." Johnny went beside the clown.

"Really?" The madman saw someone through his peripheral view coming towards them. As he tilted his head, his lips automatically twisted up, with his silver teeth glistening through the sunshine. "Look at it, Johnny boy."

The man in a black suit gazed towards it and his eyes grew wider with the sight of a man walking as if he's hypnotized; his eyes were dull as if he was sleepy with a mouth agape.

"Oh, Christ," Johnny swallowed, readying his gun. "Boss, I think this is dangerous."

"Yea, it always is, because we're here in Gotham, Frosty." Joker took his handgun from his holster and pointed it towards the man. "Sleep."

The sound of his bullet echoed, getting so much attention. But for him, he somehow enjoying the moment. Joker stepped to the man's fallen body and through his leg, he tapped it while smiling. "Hey! don't die yet! can you say what are you?"

"Boss!" Johnny called, "come on, it's getting worse!"

Joker turned his head and saw bunch of weird citizens with the face just like the man coming to their direction.

"Oh boy, this is fun." He stood up straight, then his chest began heaving up and down. " What are you gonna do now, Batsy boy?"

His maniacal laugh have escaped, mixing with the wailing sirens.

-------------------------------------------------------------

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Thanks for reading angels! Do vote if you like the part. ♥ few chapters to be published.