Chapter35: The Story

🎭🎭🎭

The Squad was in the bar counter in their hideout to have a good time.

"Cheers!" Dead shot said, lifting his arm.

"Hey guys," Harley said. "tell me about yourselves. The life you had before.

The area has covered in silence for a moment, until Deadshot opened his mouth.

"I have a daughter," he said while swirling his drink. "Me and her mom got divorced and the custody is not mine."

"And then?" Harley asked.

Deadshot heaved a deep breath as he continued, "I am a hired killer-- you know. . ." Deadshot's eyes became puffy while remembering every details from the past. "I always tell her that, I'm not a criminal; I've explained myself to her although I know it's a lie. She said that her mother kept on saying that I'm a killer that's why she filed a divorce paper.

But cleaning myself to my daughter is useless, because she already knew from the start, she told me. And the things that made me cry, be in pain when she said to me, that I will always be the most important person to her; the man that she loves so much."

They were just looking at him. . . So deep.

"What happened next?"

Deadshot gulped his drink, twisting his face. "It was Christmas day. I bought her lots of toy, when Batman got in our way while we're on our way to her mother's house; he told me to surrender but I don't want, I'm afraid, if I surrendered myself, I won't be able to see my daughter anymore. She's the only person I have in my life.

Just because I objected him, we fought and my little kid saw everything. I was going to shoot him, but my daughter blocked my way. So he caught me and got me jailed."

"I'm sorry for that," she uttered, giving him a muted smile.

". . .  by the way, how you got escaped?" Harley continued, sipping her own drink.

Deadshot smiled. "We planned it carefully. El Diablo and Killer Frost did everything. Killer Croc Boomerang, and I were in jailed, except for them."

"Oh. . . I love that," The minx said when she put down the glass on the counter, looking upon Diablo whose eyes were down on his glass of water. "What about you? El Diablo? What was your story?"

Diablo lifted his face towards Harley and she noticed the redlines on his eyesballs.

"It was late at night and I've decided to have some air outside because I couldn't sleep, when suddenly a meteorite fell on me."

"Was it the reason how you got your powers?"

He nodded in a muted way. "Yeah. . . and this power led me on this way. Gotham City is known as dangerous city, And I became one of its havoc."

"Do you have family?" Killer Frost suddenly asked that made Diablo be in silence for awhile." I mean, wife. . . children. . . something like that."

El Diablo started sniffing as the past crossed in his mind like a bolt of lighting; the sudden cut on his heart was very familiar at that time.

"I had. . . But they're gone. They're all gone."

"How?" Deadshot asked, looking upon him.

"I've lost my temper when we argued about having a power-- using it to harm others. I--I. . . I accidentally burned our home and my wife--"

"I don't know that you are asshole," Harley said with hate in her eyes.

"What about the children?" Boomerang interrupted in a raspy voice.

Tilting her head, Harley gasped in annoyance as tears were forming. "Isn't obvious?! He killed them! He burned them!"

Captain boomerang took his eyes off on Diablo and stared instead on his beer with every sentiment written on his face.

"C--Children. . ." he mumbled under his breath. "they're too young to face death."

"I couldn't believe it," Deadshot reacted, sniffing.

El Diablo didn't say anything. Propping his elbow on the countertop, he rested his face on his palm, trying to hold back his upcoming tears.

"Killer Croc and I were experimented by our mad science professor," Killer Frost added. "He believes that he can give us powers. And it turned out on this."

Harley chuckled. "See?" She spread his arms with her huge smile plastered on her white face. "See the fate we have? We're all the same, we are monsters  and people used to hate us! We are all ugly!" Then she pointed Killer croc who's behind Diablo, watching the fishes in an aquarium. "Look at him, he's ugly just like us."

"No. . . I'm not ugly. . ." He then pointed himself as he stood up. "I'm beautiful."

Chuckles inside the said area echoed on its corners.

"I love that attitude." Harley's smile grew even wider.

"What about you craziness?" Boomerang questioned when he threw his gaze towards her. "What was your story?"

The smile on her face had gone away, stooping her head down.

"I was a psychiatrist in the Asylum."

"Seriously?"

"And from there, I met the Joker." The female clown pulled out a deep breath and looked upon them one-by-one. "Have you ever experienced of having no one? And then suddenly someone crossed in your life, to cheer you up? To cheer you up for his own benefits? For his own sake? Because it actually happened to me. He was there for me. . . when he needs me."

Harlequin started to feel the pressure under her sockets and in the end, the compiled tears were slipping down on her cheeks as she remembered every beautiful lies from the clown prince of crime.

". . . because I'm a fool, and he loves toying my feelings."

------------------------------------------------------

A/N: (edited) Thanks for reading. This one was inspired in the movie: Suicide Squad.

I hope you like it and please vote if you do.💜