Chapter5: Disapppoinments

🎭🎭🎭

Strong and noticeable sound of bang and fires were can be heard at the whole place as Harley Quinn and the goons started robbing Gotham Bank.

Shattered glasses from a broken window, panicking and crying people as they were bound in the corner. Some were killed, some were just waiting until someone will be there to save them from the laughing woman who just easily broke down and went crazy just like the clown.

"Come on boys! Get the money and we are leaving!" Harley yelled, stepping at the smashed pieces of  glasswares.

The goons together with Jonny went to the vault and used a laser beam to create thin lines for them to be easily take all the money inside. Harley on the other hand was just sitting in front of the hostages, twirling her pigtails while looking at them with her wicked smile.

After a while, Jonny and the others went to her direction and gave the bag with loads of money to Harley.

"Good job," she said when she stood up and grabbed her bat that leaned on the wall beside the seat she was sitting, "We need to go, Mister J is waiting for his money."

As they walked out from the doorway, Batman appeared in her front with fierce— yet calmed outlook. Harley Quinn got stopped, and widened her eyes in shock.

"Oh, Hi Bats? What ya doin?" she asked, smiling at him.

"You can't get out of this, Quinn," Batman said when he formed his fists into a ball.

Harley curved her red lips into a huge smile, throwing him an insane look from her eyes, "Unless I will shoot you like this!" She then extended her arm and started shooting the Bat together with her henchmen.

Batman avoided the bullets as he rolled, and shifted to the other side— Harley Quinn began laughing as she saw him almost didn't know what to do— until she felt a grip on her pigtails with her weight lifting in the air; she went back in reality when she felt a stinging pain on her back. Batman threw her on the ground as he one-by-one punched and kicked the goons.

"Don't you know how to treat woman?!" she shrieked when she stood from from slumping— running towards the Batman as she swung her bat to hit him repeatedly, until he lost his conscious. Not even knowing that the bag she was holding was left on the place where she from.

Batman sensed it but it was too late because the moment when he turned his head toward the minx, his skull accepted the hard and strong strike from her bat; he was thrown on the side, grunting and wincing in pain as the crazy minx caused him a serious cracked on his head that made him frail and dizzy. But he couldn't stay on that situation as little longer, or else he'll be dead.

Despite on his serious condition, Batman did everything just to stand up, firming his stance even though his visions were getting blur.

"Too bad for you, B man," Harley teased when she threw a gas bomb in his front.

The squealing sirens of policemen covered the whole area, as they rushed towards the direction where the fight scene had once shown. But then, they were too late because the maniac and her company finally got escaped.

"Jonny, where's the money bag?" Harley asked in the middle of driving up to their hideout; she felt something uneasiness inside of her, as if she forgot something she couldn't name yet.

Jonny furrowed his brows in confusion, "I handed it to you, Miss Harley."

Her eyes grew wider in surprised, thinking where she dropped it. Or maybe, when she's in the middle of the fight with the intruder, she accidentally fell it.

Worries and fears started covering her all system, thinking on how Mister J will treat her after what she'd done.

..••✖••..

"What did you say?!" Joker yelled as she strode toward Harley with his smoldering white face because of his own uncontrolled emotion.

Harley trembled in her stance as she felt like melting because of his burning, threatening stare, "P—Puddin . . . B—Batman and I had a fight, so I did defend myself, not knowing that I fell it. I'm so—"

She didn't have the chance to say her last word when his rough palm suddenly struck on her pale cheek that made Harley lost her balanced.

A squeal escaped from her throat when she felt an electrifying pain on her swelled face; she felt waters in corners of her eye-sockets as she heard painful squawk of the maniac.

"You're such a disappointment, Harley Quinn!"

By just completing her name, she knew that Joker was that angry at her.

Lifting her head to meet his eyes, Harley sobbed a little as she tried to explain herself, "But Puddin, Batman threw me and caused me some pain, don't you care about your Harley?"

"I don't care about that!" he retorted, pointing her a finger, "Don't go nearly at me because I swear to god, I can kill you!" After saying those dreadful words, Joker turned his back and started walking away from her, as the clack of his crowbar hit the wooden floor.

The poor woman left, slumping on the flat surface while looking at him until he's not in her sight. Harley felt like stupid and not worthy in his pleasure when she remembered how Joker became mad because of her foolishness; she thought, it's her fault because if she only got the idea like putting the money inside their van, she wouldn't lost it. And if Batman didn't intrude her works, her Puddin wouldn't be as angry as a hungry lion. . . she might be proud— again.

"I'm s—sorry. . ." she muttered herself as she stooped her head and let the tears of pain slowly dripped down on the floor, "I'm such a disappointment."

Not knowing, that the Joker slightly peeked through the door with his unknown gaze.

-----------------------------------------------------------

A/N: (edited) Hi angels, thanks for reading this part and hope you like the chapter. Just vote if you do ♦♥