Chapter33: Refused

🎭🎭🎭

The Squad stepped in front of the window to have a peek beyond it and for their own surprise, Joker was standing below the series of stairs— which was connected to the doorway, with a huge smile plastered on his bleached skin as his eyes were sparkling with insanity in it.

"Is. . . Mister J. . . here?" Harley asked when she stood up, twirling her fingers.

"That goon?" Deadshot turned his head toward the minx who's standing behind them. "He's here."

His maniacal laughter had echoed that made Harley lost. The clown was there for her. Was Mister J angry at her?

"Harley! Baby!" Joker called when he spread wide his both arms, looking at the hideout devilishly. "I recommend to get out of that fucking house and face me! You can't hide forever!"

Harley's heart began slamming itself on her chest that the only audible sound for her was it.

"I'll bake those men if you refused to —"

Joker got stopped when he saw the squad coming out and the blonde haired woman after them; she was behind Deadshot that actually caught Joker's hidden emotion inside of him.

"Oh! Finally!" he said. Then his throat began trembling because of his silent laughter; it wasn't happiness anyway. It was so dangerous. "I do excuse myself for knocking at your hideout that loud, but will you guys please give me my Harley back?"

"Puddin. . ." Harley's face was filled with worries by just looking upon him whose eyes were so dark.

"Are you going to hide behind that—" Joker turned his body toward Johnny who's standing after him. "What is that black guy name again, Johnny boy? Is it Deadhead?"

Johnny cleared his throat, trying to not laugh against his boss' stupidity. "It's Deadshot, boss."

"Deadshot?!" He then turned around to face them again. "I prefer Deadhead though." Joker gazed upon Harley. "I came here for you and I want you to know that I forgave you for leaving me without permission."

She felt warm waters in the corners of her eyes for hearing such wonderful and heart-melting words from him. However, she also knew that there's probably a consequences.

"I want to stay here for awhile. . . you know, I'm still sore and I need some space."

Joker's eye-ridge rose up. Did his Harley actually say that?

"Excuse me? What do you mean space?" he asked, "Space so that you can flirt with someone else's out there?!"

"No!"

"Don't force her, clown."

"Shut up I'm not talking to you!" Joker pointed his machine gun to Deadshot.

"After breaking her heart? You're here to pick her?" Boomerang said when he shook his head.

Looking at him, he made a toothy grin, enough for him to see his silver teeth. Joker also thought if that drunker guy was beside him, he'll probably imbedded his own teeth to his neck and pulled his skin off.

"You better shut the fuck up! Or else I will bomb your face."

"Just leave it to Deadshot," Diablo said when he held Boomerang's shoulder.

Joker clicked his tongue when he lowered his eyes towards the barrel of his gun, polishing it through his ringed fingers. "You know. . ." He then threw his dark orbs towards Deadshot whose brows were furrowing. "I hate it so much when someone touches my thing."