Chapter12: Origin (part two)

🎭🎭🎭

Harlequin heaved a deep breath when he stepped towards her bed to huddle on there. Everything that happened to them was extremely something she would never ever forget; although it wasn't as normal as those ordinary women and men should do especially when they were starting their affections like dating in restaurants, hanging out in the mall, watching some romantic movies together while eating popcorn, for her, the affection which had grown in his cell was the most romantic of all.

The most unforgettable moment in her entire life.

"Harley?"

A voice of a female suddenly made her snapped back. Harley tilted her head towards the entrance of her cell and she spotted Kristen— her Doctor with her unknown expression.

"Kristy?" she exclaimed, "You're back!"

The minx landed her feet down the floor and happily went towards the bars. Clutching her fingers onto them, she bit her lower lip while giving her Doctor a sweet stare and smile.

Kristen smiled back when she held her hand. "Harley, I have something to tell you."

"What?"

"I tried to convince them, but I'm so sorry. It is prescribed for you. . ." Kristen tightened her grip as her voice became softened. "We will bringing you into the treatment area for some electroshock therapy."

The female clown's eyes grew wider not because she was scared and nervous. But because something from the past suddenly crossed in her mind. It was the exact thing. . . the exact words she once told him.

"It's okay, I love torturing my brain. . ."

It's been one week since Harleen Quinzel met the clown. And she admitted that every time he's gazing upon her, the way he smiled the way he pronounced her name, was voltaic.

When the murderous clown lent an ear for her personal problems, when she needed someone, he was there and it was really, really a big thing to her.

There were also a moment when they were having a session or sometimes when she was all alone, she was scribbling his name followed by a heart shape; sometimes, she was writing their initials, with a heart in between them.

For her, she found the place where she could spend her whole time and probably life, and it might sounded so crazy, but it was beside the Joker.

But then, not every romantic scene would always be that sweet. Not every meetings would always be magical. Harleen once told the Joker that she needed to bring him in the treatment area for his therapy; although her heart was objecting, she was reminded that if she refused, she would be assigned to another patient for not doing her job well to the Joker.

Harleen didn't have the choice.

"It's prescribed for you, Mister J," she said trying to explain herself. "I'm afraid to be faraway from you."

"Oh, yes. . . it is, um . . ." he rolled his eyes up as if he was thinking that deeply. "It's unfavorable to me. They're gonna play my brain, and you're just okay with that?"

Before Harleen could speak, few securities and assistants with stretcher, had entered his cell to bring him into the treatment area.

Warm tears already formed in the corners of her eyes when she watched how they electrified his brain. She couldn't believe that the clown already got the big space in her heart that his pain was her pain too; it was aching her hearings as the hurtful tone of him had continued escaping.