PART 73

Harry has been the hospital for almost two weeks and he is tired of being in bed. Dr. Green comes in and asks how is he doing and he tells her that he would like to get out of bed for a little bit. She tells him once Louis gets here, that he can help him walk around a little bit and not before then. Harry asks her when we he be there and she tells him that it will be in just a few minutes and to be patient. He then asks her when does she think he will be giving birth and she tells him that it could be any day now. Harry tells Dr. Green that he will see her later in the day and she leaves. He then begins to wait for Louis to get there.

Louis gets there a little bit later and Harry is excited to see him. Harry tells him that the doctor says that he can help him get up and walk a little bit, but not to over to it. Louis helps him out of the bed and put his robe on. They begin to walk around the halls on the labor and delivery floor, when they are about half way down the hall, Harry gets a pain in his belly. Harry tells Louis that he is having pains, so Louis goes and gets a wheelchair to take him back to his room. When they get back to his room, Louis helps him back into bed.

After Louis helps Harry back into bed, he calls for a nurse to come and check on him. When the nurse comes in, he asks what is wrong and Louis tells him that as they were walking, Harry started getting pains in his belly. He tells Louis that he will go and call the doctor and let her know what is happening. After about 15 minutes, Dr. Green comes in and checks on Harry and she tells the nurse to hook Harry up to the fetal monitors and see what is going on with him. As they are watching the monitors, Harry gets another sharp pain and the monitor goes crazy. She tells them that Harry is going into labor.

Dr. Green tells Harry that she needs to check to see if he is starting to dilate and how far he is. She asks him lay flat on his back and bend his legs at the knees, so she can check on him. As she is checking, his water breaks all over the bed. Dr. Green continues to check and she tells him that he is at 5 cm dilated and he will be having the babies in the next few hours. Harry asks her when can he have his epidural to help with the pain and she tells him when ever he gets ready to have. Harry tells her that he would like to have it now, because the pain is getting pretty bad and he knows it will only get worse from here.

She calls them in to give him his epidural and they have Louis step out as they are doing this. Louis waits by the door and when they are done, he is allowed back into the room. Harry looks over to Louis and tells him that he needs to call everyone to let them know that he is in labor and he will be having the babies sometime in the next few hours. While Louis is doing this, Harry ends up falling asleep. He wakes up a couple of hours later when Dr. Green comes in and checks on him. She checks his dilation and tells him that is almost at 7 cm. Louis asks how much longer before he delivers the babies.

About an hour later, their moms, Liam and Niall come in. Niall is holding little Will and they ask how Harry is doing and he tells them that he could be doing better. His mom asks why and he tells her that the babies are a month and a half early. She tells him that is it normal for multiples to be born early like this. Harry tells her that he is still scared about how small they are going to be and she tells him that the babies will be fine.

Several hours later and Harry is still in labor, so Liam and Niall decide to take Will home and put him to bed. Before they leave, Louis ask them to bring back Harry's bag and they tell him that they would. Harry asks to give Will a kiss before they go and Liam brings him over and Harry gives him a kiss and tells him that he loves him. Their moms tells them that they need to go home too and if he has the babies before they come back to please give them a call. Louis tells them that he will call as soon as he has the babies.

Dr. Green comes in a about 15 minutes after everyone leaves and tells Harry that she is here to give him a check to see how much longer he is going to be. She sits on the end of the bed and after she checks him she tells him that he is now at 9 cm and it will be really soon before they are born.

It is now about 11:30 pm and she comes back in to check on him and she tells him he is now at 10 cm and he should be able to start pushing as soon as they get everyone in there. Dr. White calls in more nurse to help with the babies as soon as they are born. There are now six nurses in there, one for each baby and two to help Harry. She tells Harry to begin pushing and he tells her to just please get them out safely. She tells him that the babies are going to safe and not to worry.

After pushing for about 10 minutes the first little girl comes out and she is put on Harry's chest to see her and then she is taken by one of the nurses. The next little girl is born about 10 minutes later and she is done the same way as the first. The third little girl is born about 20 minutes later and she is done as the first two were. When the last little girl is born she is taken straight away and Harry is not able to see her. Harry asks to see her and Dr. Green tells him that he will be able to see all four of them soon. Louis asks why couldn't they see their last little girl and she tells them that she needs extra care right now because she is really small and was having trouble breathing.

After about 45 minutes later, a nurse comes in and asks if they have picked out names for their little girls and Louis tells them that they have and as soon as Harry wakes up, they will tell them. She tells Louis that as soon as he wakes up to let her know so that they can start working on thier birth certificates and he tells her that they will. And after about another 20 minutes Harry wakes up, Louis tells him that the nurse was in earlier and was wanting to know the girls names. Harry asks if he told her and he tells Harry that he wanted to wait until he woke up. He tells Louis to call in the nurse so they can tell her their names, so Louis calls her in.

#1: Joline Renee Tomlinson- 4lbs. 8 oz.- born at 12:01 am

#2: Elizabeth Marie Tomlinson- 4 lbs. 3 oz.- born 12:11am

#3: Erin Lea Tomlinson- 3 lbs. 15 oz.- born 12:31 am

#4: Judith Ann Tomlinson- 3 lbs. 3 oz.- born 12:45 am

When the nurse leaves, Louis leans over and tells Harry how proud he is of him. Louis then calls their moms, Liam and Niall to let them know that their little girls have been born. Liam asks Louis if he wants him to bring up Harry's birthday presents or does he want until he comes home. Louis tells him to go ahead and bring up his presents, so they can celebrate with everyone there. Liam tells him that they will see them in a little bit and they will be bringing Will with them to see his parents and his little sisters. They hang up with each other and Louis leans over and gives Harry a kiss and tells him that he loves him.

Yes, they were born on Harry's birthday.