Chapter 10: Boom

I pulled out my phone my body trembling as i sat in the back alley several streets away hiding and breathing for a moment.
'I can't do this for much longer.' i texted Mr. J a lump in my throat dreading his response.
'Almost done. My next text. You blow up everything.'
I smiled i was almost done with tonight this exhausting and painful night.
'Yes sir.'
My broken arm stung bitterly now that the shock had past the pain almost unbearable.
"Shooting people in the head is rude."
The familiar voice made me jump to my feet in surprise facing him.
"How...?" i almost couldn't believe he was really standing there, "I killed you..."
"Except i can't die." Deadpool watched me.
"Well i don't know what you are expecting." i sank back to the ground wincing, "if you touch me I'll just blow up."
Deadpool stood there for a moment then he sat down next to me, "sounds more like a warning than a threat."
I shrugged, "I've never been able to resist it this long... I normally can't control it..."
"There she is." he looked at me
"What are you going on about now?" i growled shifting away from him.
"The real girl behind the crazy. Behind the mask you put on for the Joker." Deadpool looked away, "it's not right of him to make you chop apart your body and cause you pain to get what he wants."
"Pain is just a temporary state a necessary evil that helps break you or makes you stronger." I pushed back onto my feet
"Sounds like he broke you."
"No." i glared beginning to limp away, "He made me strong."
"Strength isn't about blowing up innocent restaurants particularly of the mexican type missy." he followed me.
"Since you and Batty are such great pals now shouldn't you go warn him of the towns impending doom?" i rolled my eyes
"I did." he held up a little microphone
I stared at it a moment then laughed, "well congratulations... Instead of looking for bombs you're here talking to me."
"Distracting you." He pulled a dorky pose.
I growled lowly what was with this idiot?
Limping out into the street i saw people running and my brow furrowed.
"What...?"
"Batman is pretty good at getting out of the nastiest of situations." Deadpool was closer behind me then i liked.
"And you are going to Arkham asylum.. Where you can't hurt anyone again and maybe can get some help." Batman's voice made me jump.
"I'm not going anywhere of the sort." i growled
"It's over Phoebe."
I narrowed my eyes then using just about the rest of the strength i had left i ran into the crowd of fleeing people and grabbed a woman by her long hair pulling out my knife and pressing it under her throat.
"Phoebe..." Batman growled as he and Deadpool raced over to me.
"Stay back." i snarled, "I will kill her."
"So?" Deadpool asked earning a sharp elbow jab to the chest by Batman.
"You don't have to do this Phoebe." he spoke softly.
"You just want to lock me away because i know your precious little secret..." i snarled violently sliding the knife over the woman's throat her blood coating my hand, "and i told you. I'm not Phoebe. Phoebe is as dead as that woman because I killed her. She was weak."
Deadpool let out a low whistle as i looked at the blood on my hands the sticky warm liquid quickly growing cold.
For a moment the woman at my feet looked like my mother and i could almost feel Joker's hand on my shoulder his voice hissing, "do it."
Batman drew my attention when he pulled out her net shooter again.
"Where are the other bombs?"
I started laughing falling to my knees into the blood pooling at my feet out of the dead woman.
"Don't you get tired?" i asked after a moment, "you know of repeating yourself? I have no reason to tell you those locations. Nothing you do can make me either..." i met his eyes viciously with a triumphant smile, "i win Batsy... Now you have two choices... You can blow up with those bombs or you can walk away from this one."
"What...?" He was gritting his teeth.
I forced myself to my feet raising my head defiantly, "I'm sure Deadfool over there told you my body is the bomb or bombs... And I'm about ready to blow.... What happens to men and flesh when they stand too close to a bomb huh batsy?"
He glared at me as though he were trying to think of a way to out smart me.
My phone buzzed and I smiled looking at the text 'now.'
"What was that?" Batman demanded.
"Well Batsy... The puppet master just gave me permission to end this..." i held up the phone, "Boom."