In Which We Need To Help

{Cas's POV}

I pushed open the library door. "Sam?" I asked hesitantly. "Are you back there?"

"Yeah," I heard from the back.

I found him a moment later, once again surrounded by books. Sam had spent all this time locked away in the library. I was going insane.

"I need to talk to you," I said. Sam looked up from whatever was in his hands. "We have to help Dean."

"Cas..."

"I know that he doesn't want help. I know he just wants to fight this, but I also know that he can't. So do you. We have to do something before we lose Dean forever. Please tell me that you've found something." I thought back to the file downstairs. THERE IS NO CURE. The Men of Letters had to be wrong; there had to be a way to stop all of this. "Please."

Sam sighed. "Listen, Cas. I've been searching for months and have found nothing. It's like there's no cure to the Mark."

I winced. "But can we delay the effects?"

"I think only Dean can do that."

"So... we can't do anything to help him.

He closed his book. "I didn't say that. I said that we can't cure him."

That made me stop. "What? What does that mean?"

Sam sighed. "I've hesitated to tell anyone about this option, but there is another way."

"Another way?"

"We can't get rid of the Mark. We can do something else, though." I waited for him to continue. "Follow me."