♡ The Last Man ♡

The last man stood, the wind blew across the field of dead soldiers, his blade was snapped in half, his ankle was broken and his will was gone.

No one was left, not a single soul, just him, Levi Ackerman, one solider or captain if you might say.
Flashes of people screaming haunted his brain, behind him stood his friends holding there hands out for him, the Titan walked forward, he looked up at the Titan, it's eyes dull and its smile wide, he struggled to his feet using his snapped blade to stand.
He looked at the Titan, the blood dribbling from its mouth, it's hands still having some blood on them, steam arising from its body.
Levi stood still, looking at it.

Is this what really destroyed humanity? This couldn't sink in? He couldn't accept it...not yet.
He turned the other way, he ran over to Erwin Smiths dead body, he shook him,

"Wake up!" He yelled, the body was pale, the blood around his stomach and mouth, "wake up!".
He looked round to see the Titan still stood still, he gulped, he saw Erwin's sword it wasn't snapped or blunt, it looked new, Erwin still held it in his hand, Levi closed his eyes and took it out of hand, when he touched Erwin's hand it was cold not like it used to be, his hands was normally warm and comforting.

His gear was busted.
He had a sword but without 3DM gear he was useless, running down the filed he stopped when he saw Hangë her hair loose and her glasses snapped beside her, blood still trickled down her olive skin, she looked so quiet, so dull.
He fell to his knees beside her and saw her 3DM gear, it looked new enough.
A tear slipped down his cheek, joyful and untroubled memories filled his head, he bit his lip and un-strapped the 3dm gear from her slender waist.
Levi bent beside her face kissing her cheek, and standing up, taking his busted gear off and slipping on the new.

He wasn't ready to give up, he wasn't ready to loss hope....to many people sacrificed, to much bravery for giving up.
He took a step forward, the leather of his boots shinning with the damp grass, Levi flicked his swords back, aiming at the beasts head.
A battle cry was heard, he sliced the Titans neck and so on, killing off as many as he could.
Hangës smile, Erwin's smile, Mike's smile, Petra's smile, farlan's smile Isabel's smile...there presence was felt beneath his feet, somehow, some-way he knew they were watching him, keeping him from dying, he had hope, he had will.
Levi, the captain of the Survey Corp also the only member left...
He stood at the gate, it opening, expecting horses and men, but only one man, not a horse or a friend beside him, he staggered in, the gate closing behind him, there wasn't a word not a whisper, they didn't understand.

Levi kept his head high and his tears strained, making his way back to the base of the wings of freedom, he fell, no one could see him, no one could judge him.

Tears streamed down his pale face, the wind blew. new members joined that same year, Levi built the survey corps once again, regaining its former glory.

The pain never faded. The pain wasn't forgotten, but he carried on, because humanity was going to win...it just had to...right?