10. The exam.

Edited 

1 month later

I tied my hair in 2 pony tails and stretched a little before I went to the kitchen to eat something before we head to the exam. The past month pasted a little to fast and the exam was today. I practiced every single day and I did a lot of progress during the last month, Ash's words not mine. To be honest I feel stronger and I look stronger. All my muscles are now toned Ana I even have a beginning of a 6 pack. I'm proud of myself for making it until here, but I won'tbe able to be truly proud of myself until I pass this exam with flying colours and won myself a spot in Team Alpha.

"Morning champion! Ready to kick some asses?" Ash said when I walked into the kitchen.

I took my usual seat right next to Hazel, but I ignored him as I started to eat. He is mad at me because I went in his room one night and wrote on one of his walls "BATMAN FOREVER! ", and wrote on his face with permanent marker Spiderloser. To say that he was pissed would be an underestimate. Since then he didn't utter a word to me.

"Yeah. I think so." I shrugged and continued to eat my waffles.

"What do you mean with 'I think so'? You have to be confident if you want to win! That's not the attitude of a winner" Ash said and puffed out his chest.

During this past month, Ash turned up to be not as a big of an asshole as I first though he is. Now I'm seeing him like my bigger annoying brother.

I rolled my eyes and ate my breakfast in silence. During breakfast I hold me a speech about how good I am and how I can do this! Now I am all confident, but I know when I'll arrive at the arena I'll be insecure again.

After all of us finished breakfast, we headed to the arena. The exam will be held at Arena of All Supernatural Beings and I heard that the arena is huge. It has the usual stadium with bleachers, but it also has empty fields, forests, cliffs and a swimming area.
In the stadium area  the combat round will be held and the trainers, judges and us,the competitors will stay until we'll be named one by one.

The whole ride was filled with silence. I think they knew that I need some time to prepare myself for what's about to come. I was pulled out of my thoughts when the car came to a halt. I looked through the window and I saw an gigantic, enormous, super fucking big arena. God, this place it's huge.

We walked to the reception, were I had to confirm my participation. Behind the huge reception desk was a petite lady in her late 30's.

"Hello! I'm Mandy and I think you are here for the exam, right?" she asked with a big smile plastered on her face.

I smiled back at her. "Yes. I'm Shadow Renoir."

"Okay, I'll check you off and then you're free to go." she started to type furiously on her computer.

"Uh, Mandy. I wanted to ask you about the lockers room and what clothes do I need to wear. I heard that I will given here the clothes I need to wear."

"Oh, don't worry honey. In the moment you walk through the door that leads you to the first round you'll be automatically changed in your personalized sport gear." she said without looking at me.

All I could say was to let out  an "Oh.". Mature I know.

"Okay, I finished your file and now you can go. The door to the combat section is right there." she pointed her finger to her right and there were 2 big metal doors "The whole right part of the arena are the bleachers and is reserved for the competitors and the rest is for the trainers. Sorry, but after you walk in, you can't talk with your trainer anymore." she said with a sad smile.