Chapter Twenty-Six (The Girl is a Witch)

Start from the beginning

                           "What do you want Luce," my left eye twitched just I said her name, it didn't fire off the tongue nicely. But I couldn't call her Lucy, Alice would kill her, not me.

                            "Oh my, you and Alice have thrown away the accent? That's awful, I always love when you talk, you know," she winked. 

                          Yeah, I still remember.

                          She loved my accent than any one else, probably due to my voice. I used to sing her to sleep, it might sound cheezy but I did. Through telephone of course. Her father wouldn't allow me to stay at theirs late at night, same with mine. She didn't seem bother that I was always the one that talked non-stop. Sometimes, I did feel I was too annoying for her.

                          "Whatever Luce, I'm an American now. Again, why are you here?" I thought they moved to Arizona, not here. Luce looked around my house, then finally dropped her gaze at me, which sending me back to ExLove land. I wouldn't lie. When I looked at her, especially the eyes, something melted, just that flick of sec, my heart wanted to lurch out for him once again. Whether it was broken or mended.

                           She noticed my feeling and sighed, "can we talk?" She looked at Alice and mom, "private?"

                           "Private?" Alice scoffed, "the only privacy you would get is my fist attached onto your face Luce"

                           "Sure. Let's go to my room." I replied coldly. I wouldn't blame Alice for being surprise at my answer, but I really wanted to hear what she needed to say after all those years she left me. I still kept the letter, the letter she wrote to chicken out our relationship.

                            "But..." Alice tried to protest but mom stopped her. I was grateful mom was understanding. She nodded at me and told me to be quick. With that, Luce and I were now in my room.

                            Okay, I admitted. Standing here with Luce, alone in my room. My mind was wandering off to the naughty stuff. She was lying when she told Dean we had sex. I didn't even get to touch her breasts, let alone making love. Hey, I was like any other hormonal teenagers, I had desire. So it was true, I gave my first to Dean.

                            "Nice decoration Ron."

                            "First, stop calling me Ron because I don't freaking call you Lucy anymore. And second, please keep your hands to yourself."

                            "I am impressed, you finally know how to fight back. Well Aaron," she was trying to push my button but I was not going to let her. "What do you want to talk about?"

                            "That's a nice poster, Forever Yours? Great name for a band, but I like Jolly more." Jolly was the band we used to play, it was a stupid name but I named it because it was Luce's dog. I was an idiot, trying to make his girlfriend happy as a lark.

                             "If you don't want to start, then let me because I have a hell of questions to ask you. Starting with the letter," I asked politely, nearly losing my cool.

                             "The letter?" 

                             "Yeah, the freaking letter you wrote for me when I was in the hospital, when you left..."