00:10

Warning: contains triggering, explicit content

     Joker and Sage had reached
Louisiana, a state far from Gotham.

"Daddy, why are we here?" Sage came up from behind Joker, and wrapped her arms around him. Joker shoved her off of him, and groaned walking ahead of her. "We are here on business, deadly business. War almost." He he leaned on his cane, watching off in the distance a compound surrounded by swamp. Sage walked up beside Joker and saw the prison. "Mistah J..." She paused, turning to face him, as he kept his glare on the penitentiary. "Are-are we here to kill em'?" Sage knew why she was there, he wanted revenge. "Are we gonna kill her?" Referring to Harley.

"Of course my Doll, and why else would we be here? Hmm, for tea perhaps?" He turned to face her, "OF COURSE NOT! Stop playing dumb, and knock off the bimbo act. We are bad, it. Is. What. We. DO! Kill for the fun of it, the thrill of it." He walked off back near the chopper was his purple Lamborghini. Sage stood there another minute, and closed her eyes while a wisp of air blew her hair. She opened her eyes and saw the sunset over the prison. Was this the right thing to do? She wondered, her own blood, why was she there, is this a game to him. Was she his bait. Everything happened all so fast. Sage turned around and caught up with Joker, they got in the car and drive off, where? All he knows.

    "Where are we?" Sage asked.

"Home for the next couple of days, that is until we plan the perfect attack." Joker walked down a long hallway of the deserted church. The church was hidden deep in the woods; last time anyone stepped foot into the church; was when a man shot it up one Sunday morning, about twenty years ago.
Sage followed Joker into an empty basement, "This is your room." He spread out his arms, "Enjoy it, and don't leave unless I say, or your punishment won't be taken lightly." He smiled and left.
The room was dim; very little light shown. It was dusty, and small. Dead rats laid across the floor, as well as spider webs dangled on the ceiling; even spiders scurried across the rotten, wooden floor. Sage fell to her knees and sobbed aloud. "Why was I chosen for this." She hit the floor, "Why was I ruined..." She curled up into a ball, holding her knees close to her chest. She sobbed hard, and began to huff; having troubles breathing she had an anxiety attack. Memories of the past flooded in all at once, words filled her head of hatred. She grabbed a dusty piece of glass, and sliced her wrist, stomach, and breasts. She threw objects around her, and screamed; all before passing out.

•••

    An arm wrapped around sages waist, as someone rocked her side to side. She didn't open her eyes, but instead listening to Joker mumble to himself; she heard his voice crack.

"God I'm so sorry," his voice cracked. Sounding somewhat nicer than his usual deep, husky voice. "I'm a monster; it's all I know how to be. I destroy others more than I do myself, I should be the one collapsing." Sage felt Joker beginning to remove her clothes. Sage lay still, and let him remove her bodysuit in which was covered in blood, and holes from her cuts. Joker lifted her up, and carried her up the stairs. Sage began to stir in his arms, and he looked down upon her. She opened her eyes very little, and saw his hair was misplaced, as if he had went crazy clawing at it. His eyes seemed glossy, and dead. His lips were parted, and he focused his gaze back on where he was going.

    Sage saw a room filled with baby cribs, and children's things. Joker walked to a door and opened it. Inside of it was a medium sized bathtub. He sat sage inside of it, and turned the water on. The warm water fogged up the window, mirror, and everything else in between. Sage was almost unconscious, and her head swayed to the side. She saw joker undress; unbuttoning his shirt revealed his wide range of tattoos scattered on his toned body. He stripped down to nothing, and got in slowly; in the other end of the tub. "W-what are you doing?" Sage asked in barley a whisper. Joker said nothing, but gripped sages small waist, and pulled her onto his lap.

"Shh." He whispered in her ear. He grabbed a clothe he had found, and soaked it in water. Wringing the warm water over sages chest, and body. He began massaging her body, and washing her, and her cuts.

•••

    Sage and Joker soon fell asleep on top of each other in the tub.  Their bodies wrapped around each other's, as Sage rested her head on his chest.

This one small act of compassion by the Prince Of Crime himself, may change a stone cold heart, or will it? Has she changed him, maybe just for a spilt second?