Enjoy Yourself, Phil.

The ride is longer than it seems, and there were no stops or traffic. Kind of weird for a Saturday night.
But I don't really have anywhere to be, right?
Wait. Why am I in an Uber?
Oh that's right. The party.

I look down at my phone and look through Twitter for anything new.
The Uber gets to Alfie and Zoe's place and I get out of the car and thank the driver.

I step up to the front door and knock.
Alfie's sister opens the door and greets me.
I step inside, and Zoe whispers something to Alfie.
I look down at my clothes, I'm not doing something weird am I?
No.

Alfie comes and greets me and so does Zoe.
But something about them is a bit different.
They seem on edge, and share glances at each other from time to time. Worried glances.

"Is everything alright?" I say, a bit concerned.
"Um. Yeah. Enjoy yourself, Phil." Alfie smiles and looks over at Zoe. "Can we talk?" He whispers to her.
She nods, and they rush off into the kitchen.

I shrug it off, it's probably nothing.
I look down, my fly is not down.
I grab a drink and catch up with the other people.

There are tons of people, and it's almost crowded, but the music makes it feel a bit empty.
Don't get me wrong, One Direction is bomb.
(Well the first 3 albums 😟) But really?
I sigh, and make my way through the halls to see if I can find Alfie.
I turn a corner and look behind me, to see if I had missed something. I back into a body and I instantly feel guilt. I hate doing that because It's kind of rude, especially because there is no one else but me.
"Oh sorry!" I say.

I quickly turn around to apologize and my blue eyes meet with familiar brown ones.

We both stand in shock, Afraid to say a word.
"Phil.." Dan says.
My voice is caught in my throat and I run through the hallway to find the exit.
I feel sick.

"Phil!" Dan calls after me, but I dash through crowds of people and catch a glimpse of Zoe and Alfie looking at each other in a way saying 'this wasn't supposed to happen.'

I grab the door knob and am about to open it when I feel a hand on mine.
Dan pulls my sleeve and pulls me into the nearest bathroom and locks the door.
I stare at him.
"Dan. Let me out." I say sternly.
"No Phil, we have to talk. This is getting out of hand." He says, still holding the door knob.

I lean against the wall and look at the shower curtains and whisper, "Zoe and Alfie didn't invite me, did they?"
His eyes soften and says lightly. "No, Phil. It was me. I invited you."

I feel my face numb a bit and I feel like my head is about to fall off my body until I say, "Why? Why are you so fucking desperate to talk to me?" I say, raising my voice.

"Phil. Please. Give me 5 minutes to explain, I'm begging you." He says, stepping closer to me.

"No Dan, actually you know what?" I say. I grab his shirt collar and pull him.

"You're a desperate piece of shit, Dan."
His face goes pale. I let his collar go and walk out the door.
Everyone had heard our conversation from the bathroom and stare at me as I open the door and storm out of the house.

I instantly regret everything and stop to apologize, but I remember why I'm mad and keep walking.
I take an Uber home and try to fight back tears so I don't worry the driver.

I wait until I'm home to let out the tears.
I look everywhere, hoping there is someone to help me get through this.

But I then again remember,

I am alone.