Phil Is Not A Serial Killer

What the hell.
I try to call back, but the number has been erased from my recents. Don't know how that's even possible.

I grab it anyway and run out the door.
If I'm able to trace the call, I'll find him.
There's a laptop in the Uber I'm driving and I know they charge, but I'm risking everything right now.
I hook up my phone to the laptop and try to trace Phil's exact location.
It comes up, but it's all in numbers that are very hard to understand.
I coded in like high school, and it was very little but I'm able to make out 'research and hospital' in bold.
I tell the driver to drive to the center and he mumbles something under his breath, probably 'stupid emo kids.'

I ignore him and tell him to rush a bit because I'm in a major hurry.
He listens to me, and we get there in a little while. He asks why I'm in a hurry and all I can say is that a friend is waiting for me there.
"In the hospital? What is he, some kind of freak? With all due respect." He says.
"What do you mean..?" I say.

"Only people who really need help go there. Your friend must be an extremely well known serial killer or psychopath if he stays there."
He hesitates. "Are you going to meet up with a serial killer...?" He says, and the car starts going slower.

"What! No way. Phil is not a serial killer.. just drive." I say sternly.
Could he be?
Of course not.
He's Phil.

But we all know he's not just Phil.

We arrive at the hospital and it looks creepy and old; but not abandoned.
It looks like a boarding school, or an asylum.

I step in and it instantly smells like cough medicine and needles.
I go up to the front desk and the guy behind it looks 60 and ready to die.
"Hi, Can I please see Phil Lester." I say and smile to not look too depressing.

"And you are..?" He raises an eyebrow.

"Someone who can get you fired if you don't let me through those doors. I have ways to get you dragged out of here. My men have rifles outside these walls and they are aiming at your heart right now. I'm in a hurry, I need to see Phil Lester." I raise my voice.
He glances out the door.

He gives me a slip and a key.
"910." He says in a dull tone.

I nod my head and start walking down the hallways.
The halls are confusing. There's corners to turn, and stairs to go down, elevators to get on, dents in the walls make everything look the same.
The ceiling is white, the walls are grey, the floor is grey, the chairs are grey, the plants are dead, the wood is chipped, and the whole thing is dull and lifeless.
Phil doesn't belong in the place like this.

I look around the hallways twice, and finally see room 910.

I gulp and take the key. I put it in the keyhole and turn it.

The door slowly swings open and I look inside.

Phil quickly wakes up and he looks absolutely terrified.

And at that moment, I had felt the bottom of my heart break off, smash all on the floor, and I let out a loud whimper, slapping my hands over my mouth and then face.
I start to loudly sob.

"Phil no!" I gasp.