Chapter 14

Rain drop sounds on the roof echoed across my house. Thunder roared as I sat in my bed, covered in my pillows and warm blankets. I was on my phone, about to video-call Melissa.

   Hey, r u busy?

      No answer.

   Hello? I wanna skype you! Text me back!

   I waited, sipping on my hot chocolate. Finally, a response... But not  a  very good one.

   Hello, Taylor? This is Melissa's dad. She is currently grounded and has her phone taken away. She will probably have it back within 2  weeks. Thanks.

   Great. My best friend has her phone taken away. I pushed myself out of  the clutter of blankets and pillows, and wrapped myself in a  soft robe. Shivering, I trudged down the hallway and down the stairs.

   "What's  wrong, Mary?"

   "Parker's mom has gone  absolutely crazy. She just emailed me saying she wanted Parker to move to Alaska with her."

   "That's illegal. She's been arrested 3 times and is addicted to alcohol. She can't be  in possesion of Parker." I sat by Mary on the couch.

   "I know, I know. She also is threatening us. But there's no need to be afraid of a crazy drunk women. Well... not  this one." She pushed her curly brown hair out of her face and stared at the wall.

   "Plus, Parker doesn't even remember her. We are his family..." I put down my hot chocolate on the side table. "Are you okay?"

   "Yeah." She sighed.

   "Where is Parker?"

   "He's with his friend, Claire. The one who lives down the  street."

   I  nodded, and went upstairs to my  room again.

        (Sorry for the short chapters guys!! I will try to make them longer!!!)