Chapter 4

"Taylor you missed lots of school and lessons. You will need to be in tutoring during the summer."

   Oh come on. Summer school? I have better things to do... if  playing my playstation counts. "But I... I don't need it. Plus, I didn't miss TONS school..."

   "This is the unbiased thing to do. That is, unless you want to repeat your freshman year. Also, you missed about a month and a half of school. That's a lot of tests, quizzes, assignments, and projects you need to make up." Mr. Clarkston was hard to take seriously. His tuxedo was 10 sizes to big and his bulky glasses sat on his petite, little nose. He looked about 55 years old when he was actually 30. His posture was corrupt; his skinny body was the shape of a  "C".

   "Alright..." I sighed as he handed me a paper.

   "Here is a sheet about your schooling. I have also emailed it to your parents."

   "Uhm... my grandma. You emailed it to my grandma." I cleared my throat and looked down at my feet.

   "Oh. Alright. Well, your teachers name is Miss Violet." He said, hastily changing the subject. "She's quite experienced and very sweet. I think you will have a fun, if not, descent time."

   How could anything  involved  with work be fun? On the bus ride  home i peered out of the window. Nobody really talked to me, so this was pretty much the only thing I did. I plugged in my pink ear buds  to my cheap mp3 player and turned on some soft music. The sky was a cloudless blue and the grass and weeds  on the open fields danced in the soft breeze. 2 birds chased each other gracefully at the speed of the bus. I watched carefully at their beauty. There is no way that something so delicate and beautiful could be so careless  and free. I frowned at the thought, and the bus came  to a stop. The birds were clear out of sight.

   "Taylor...."  I heard giggles. Then someone tapped me on the shoulder. "Tayloooooorrrrr?" I opened my eyes and my vision was blurry.

   "Miss Lady! Taylor fell asleep." Tommy yelled to the busdriver who he had forgotten the  name of.

   "That's Mrs. Hamilton to you, Tommy." She said in her coarse voice. "TAYLOR WAKE UP IT'S YOUR STOP. NOW OR  WE  ARE GOING TO LEAVE AND YOU HAVE TO STAY THE NIGHT IN THE BUS."

   I quickly snatched my stuff up off the ground and around the seat. I tried to ignore the giggles and faces around me. My face got hot, and I flung my book bag over my shoulder, holding the papers against my chest. I looked down at the ground in embarrassment, and made my way up the bus's isle. As I got off people looked at me out the window and laughed harder. And  this was pretty much my life  everyday. I wouldn't talk to people because I was shy. People misunderstood me. But what makes it  worse; I was pretty much used to it.