Chapter 9

He was perfect. He wore a maroon sweatshirt which clung to his muscular body. He was about 6 ft tall. His long, wavy, light brown hair hid his forehead and  flowed to the side perfectly. I looked into his abnormally teal eyes. Under them were light freckles, which spotted his cheeks and nose.

   "Class, this is Christian." Miss Violet smiled at him, and so did I.

   "Hey." He had a  low voice... It wasn't deep... It was low. It was... attractive. I couldn't control my constant staring at his face. When I realized that  he  had seen me doing it, I blushed and forced myself to turn away. I remembered where his desk was after I heard him set his pencil on the desk next to me. Now it will be even harder to avoid him, I thought to myself.

   "Christian, this is Chloe, Maddi, and Jaden!"

   "Hi!"

   "Hello..."

   "Nice to meet you!"

   "Nice to meet you guys, too." He flipped his hair.  After I looked away, I could just feel him looking at me. I adjusted my sweatshirt, bit my nails, and  nervously played with a strand of hair.

    "Tell us about yourself, Christian?" Miss Violet asked.

   "Oh, well, um, I live in Ohio. I had to come  here  for summerschool because this was the closest one. I live with my mom and her boyfriend, Maxwell, who she met about 6 years ago. I'm still not sure why they aren't married yet... but I think it's because Maxwell was married before, and so was she. She, perhaps is worried that it won't work out... who knows. Anyway, I have no siblings other then a stepsister who lives somewhere else. Max never talks about her though. And I've never met her... I have a cat named socks... uhh... that's it I think."

   I wanted to ask him how he became so cute... but I knew that wouldn't be a good idea. All was quiet for a few minutes. Then the door opened a last time.

   A short boy came in, with pale skin and bright blonde,  almost white, hair which was short and spiked up. I couldn't make out an eye color from my distance. He was wearing a gray Aeropostal tshirt, and black shorts which reached just below his knees.

   "You must be...Jordan?" Miss Violet asked sweetly. He nodded. She introduced us and showed him to his seat next to Chloe.

   "Hi!" We greeted him. Well, all of us except Jaden who was staring at Chloe the entire time.

   "Tell us about yourself." Miss Violet exclamed.

   "Ok..." He thought about what to say for a few seconds. "I live in Indianapolis with my mom, dad, and my 2 year old  brother. I moved here when I was 6 because my dad had found a new job. Then, my mom had a baby because, before moving, we wouldn't have been able to feed and take care  of another child. I basically do everything around the house. My dad goes to work from 5:00 am to 11:00 pm. My mom tends to my brother all day. He never stops crying and causing trouble. So basically I cook, Clean, take phone calls... everything. Thats  about the only interesting things about me." He looked down at his desk.

   "I have a little brother, too. except he's not that young." I looked  at him and grinned. Something about him just made  me feel bad. He always had an innocent look on his face and a frightened look in his  eyes. He never  really talked unless he had too. He never sat up straight... always hunched over. He never made eye contact with anyone. He always moved  slowly, and cautiously.

    Miss Violet explained for the 3rd time what we would be doing during the few months we would be in summerschool. She talked about rules, lessons, ect. I felt like I was going to drift off into sleep. I looked at the clock above her, realizing class would end in about 15 minutes.