Chapter 7

"PARKER!" I yelled as orange juice dripped down my shirt.

   "Sorry Tay!" He attempted to wipe it up with a paper towel but I pushed his arm away and ran to the bathroom. I took a deep breath and looked at my shirt in the mirror. There was a giant dark streak down the middle of my shirt. I slipped it off and threw on a turquoise sweatshirt; The breeze was chilly.I walked out of the room and sat at the table with Mary.

   "So I didn't get a chance to ask you, how was your first day?" She took a sip of her coffee.

   "Pretty good, I met this really ... awesome teacher." I didn't want to admit that I actually met a girl that I could get along with, and sure didn't want to tell her my first day was amazing. I knew Mary. She would rub it in my face.

   "Told you!" What do you know? She did it anyways. "Any nice students?"

   "Well there was only one girl who came today. She's okay I guess. Still haven't talked to her really." I lied. I really liked Maddi.

   "Any homework?"

   "Mary, it's the first day. She said we wouldn't get into actual assignments until next week." I picked up her cup and took a drink of it. I cringed. "This coffee tastes WAY too strong."

   "That's how I like it!" She took another sip with delight.

   "Yuck..." I opened the fridge to get some milk to wash the taste down. "You're going to be up all night again. Drinking coffee at 7:00 at night ."

   She ignored me and continued drinking. I looked at Parker who had fallen asleep on the couch watching Cars.

   "TAYYYLOR!"

   It was late at night and I was laying on my bed on my phone. "What Mary?" I didn't even bother to yell. She was in the bathroom which wasn't far from my room. I heard her mumble something. I sat down the device and went to see what she wanted.

   "I forgot to tell you that you had mail. I set it downstairs on the couch."

    Without hesitating, I ran down the stairs and went over to the couch. I opened the small white envelope.

Dear students,

   This is Mr. Martin, Oak Middle School's principal. If you are reading this message, you are in summer school funded by our school cooperation. Miss Lefebvre has contacted me and asked that all pupils be in her class by Thursday to prevent missing out on learning. Any of you planning to come later will have to arrange something or miss out on important things; introductory to lessons and plans, beginning discussions that are crucial for understanding, ect. ect. Hope you all have fun and work hard this summer.

-Mr. Martin.

   I set the paper down. That meant that Jordan, Jaden, Chloe and Christian will have to be there earlier then planned...