chapter nine

Picture is Brooklyn and Bailey! ^^^

Bailey is on the right, Brooklyn is on the left. 

I slam my hand down on the alarm clock. 

By the way, I invested in an alarm clock because I was tired of my brothers throwing water on me to wake me up. The clock doesn't really stop them, but I tried my best.

I refuse to go to school today, nope school is not happening. 

I grab a sweatshirt and black tights. Lazy day outfit on point.

"Morning baby sister," Luke chimes. I wave at him, I am too freaking tired to function properly.

Driving slowly, I pull my car into a parking space. There was a crowd in the middle of the freaking hallway. What the actual heck. Not the time or place for this.

There was a red carpet going down the middle, with a big green box at the end. There was a banner hanging from the second floor, with lights draping around it spelling out, "You light up my world, homecoming?"

How sweet. This was Daniel's proposal to Brooklyn. I think I would enjoy this more if I wasn't so grumpy.

The twins come from behind me taking in the whole situation. "Who's this for?" Brooklyn asks.

"Well if I'm not mistaken, its for you," I say with a shrug. Brooklyn was spelled in curly letters on the big green box.

Brooklyn walks down the red carpet, she was handed roses (by Carter), a tiara (by Colton). I want in on this homecoming surprise! This is unfair, she's my best friend. Brooklyn walks down to the box, opening it gently.

Daniel pops his head out smiling from ear to ear. He points at the banner above his head. "Will you go to homecoming with me?" He asks nervously. 

Brooklyn nods happily and throws her arms around Daniel. He embraces her. I turn around and Bailey was recording the whole thing.

Brooklyn was overly happy today, which made me want to kill her. But I tried to not damper her mood too much. Homecoming was overrated. The only reason I was going was for Brooklyn and Bailey's sake. I was never one for dancing.

I sluggishly walked into the overly loud cafeteria. I took my seat in the middle table. I sit in the middle table, my brothers are like school gods or something. I've never been fine with sitting in the middle table. Everyone looks at you and stares. 

Especially today since all the rumors were flying around about me.

There are few girls who sit at the table, just my two best friends and I. Occasionally, Erin, Weston's best friend, sits with us too. Lauren used to sit with us, not anymore obviously. Lindsay's not even allowed. Only my 4 moron brothers in high school, Chris (unfortunately), and most of the football team.

For the most part, everyone leaves my friends and I alone. If they don't Colton hits them in the head.

I slouch in my seat, taking in my surroundings. I was grabbed by the wrist and pulled outside the cafeteria. I let out a small scream as a hand clamped on my mouth. 

I'm am not going to die today.

"Please don't kill me. There's so many things I haven't done yet. I haven't met Dylan O' Brien or Beyoncé. I'm too young to die! Take my brothers instead." I cry out.

I started struggling and kicking. "Will you be quiet and stop kicking me!" Chris hisses. I kicked him where the sun don't shine. His warm brown eyes flutter closed as he groans.