New Moon : Huh?

"Usagi." Sakura poked me, and I woke up.
"Oh my god.. Oh my— Masme!"
My ears were ringing extremely loud and my throat was throbbing.
Masme ran up to us and stood next to Sakura. Was that Masme? I could only see a distant blur.
"Usagi? Can you hear me?" It was Masme.
"Don't fall back to sleep! Stay with us!" He patted my cheek, and my eyes fully opened.
"Oh, Usagi!" Sakura cried burying her face in my stomach.
I croaked, trying to talk. I wanted to know was Insane was okay, I just had to know.
"He's fine." Masme reassured me... It was like he was reading my mind.
"Damn Usagi, could you care about yourself for one moment." He looked away with a frown.
I struggled, placing my hand on his wrist, and squeezing just a little with the tiny bit of strength I had.
He looked at me, his eyes shed a tear or two.
"Don't fucking scare us like that.." He growled, trying to keep himself together.
"You didn't deserve this... I'll kill that Jake!"
I shook my head slowly. I didn't want Masme to go on a revenge mission in a time like this... The world was falling apart already.
I tried sit up but it was like gravity despised me...
I started to real , and close my eyes again, but just as they were almost shut I seen a jacket walk in.
It was him!
He glanced at me, and walked up to whatever I was laying on.
"If I can live, you can too." He mumbled and Masme crossed his arms.
"Nice going bro'—" he shoved Insane's arm playfully. "—you couldn't protect the girl." Insane confused, and angry looked at Masme, but Masme's grin consumed him. Insane shrugged it off, and looked down at me again.
"Woah, you're forehead!" Sakura pointed out and everyone but Insane gasped.
"A weird symbol just appeared! What's going on?!" Sakura was freaking out.
I tried to reach for my forehead but my arms were too weak.
"It's gone..." She gasped and Masme twitched an eye.
"Maybe i was seeing things..." She apologized and Masme crossed his arms.
"No, I seen it too. Usagi what's going on with you?" Honestly I had no idea, but the only person remaining sane here was Insane, which was totally contradicting.
"She needs to rest a little longer." Insane reassured everyone, and just like that he left us all...
I eventually let my eyes rest, and I fell into a deep sleep.

~*~

"You can't sleep everything away ya' know." Sakura mumbled. She was sitting on the bed next to me. I don't think she knew I was up.
"I wish I was you right now.... Sleeping unbothered." A tear fell from her eye but her shoulder caught it before it would land on the blankets.
I reached my arm to grab hers.
She flinched and looked at me.
"O-oh... You're up." She frowned.
"How'd you sleep? I brought some water—" Sakura got off the bed and pulled out two waterbottles and a bag full of vending machine snacks.
"Here." She handed me a water bottle and I took it.
"You know I was worried sick about you." She smiled, her eyes were still a little glassy.
"I don't know why I'm so sleepy." I mumbled with a dry mouth and she shrugged.
"Well you did just get body slammed. You'll be fine. By the way, whenever you're done healing I thought maybe we should check out some stores nearby, these clothes aren't going to get us through the season."
"But it's still summer...?" I replied and she shook her head.
"Well you see, we all had a meeting earlier about this 'Jake' guy. He seems pretty hostile. But on the other hand I met a girl named Tina. Turns out she's the brains of the group. Even though she doesn't lead, she's very very smart. Anyway, what I'm trying to say is Tina discovered that the world is starting to end literally. And there's absolutely no way around it...." Her eyes started to get glassy, and soon enough they pooled with sour tears.
".... The sun is burning out.... And the moon is expanding larger than normal." She wiped her face.
"I'd normally not cry about something like this... But when you think about it. Everyone is gone. There are zombie aliens roaming around outside. The sun is burning out and that's the hottest fucking thing in the galaxy! The moon is dusting and I don't have a single clue if my family is okay!" She screamed that last part. Her eyes were red and puffy.
Sakura looked at me, and stood up.
"I'm sorry..." She sniffles and dropped the snacks and her own water bottle, then scurried out the room.
I sat up.
She looked really hurt...

I needed to get out of bed. That was the first thing to do. I wonder how long I've even been asleep? Feeling completley useless, and drained I swung my legs off the bed and sat up all the way. My legs didn't want to move at all. They were kind of numb, and ticklish. I pressed my toes against the cold ground, and shivered.

"Hey." A voice came from the door. I looked, and a boy with red hair walked in. It was him! Jake!

"Whats all this about?" His smile was so evil, I couldn't even look into his face.

"So, you really got hurt this bad huh?" He grabbed my chin, and examined my face like he's never seen one before.

"Thats what you get, ya' little shit." He chuckled and walked over to the mini fridge of the hotel room.
"You know—" his voice echoed when his head was halfway in the fridge.
"—I used to sleep in this hotel room." He took out three ice cubes and threw two of them at me.
"Piss off." I growled, swatting each cube away and he smirked while popping the last ice cube in his mouth.
"—is what the princess says." He chewed on the ice cube like it wasn't cold.
"So. Let's talk business." Jake plopped next to me on the bed, and blew his cold breath at me.
I pushed him away, but it wasn't working so I tried my hardest to scoot myself over.
"I'm just going to skip the small talk. That little mark on your forehead isn't for you. You know that, right?" He poked my forehead with his thumb and I swatted at him. He scoot himself so close to me his face was inches from my shoulder.
"It's for my brother Xavier, but you see. Somehow... Just some *pause* how. You have it. How?" He asked.
"I don't know what the hell you're talking about." I growled again and he scooted closer to me.
"When my brother and I are close, we get stronger. But you see... He doesn't have the curse mark anymore so when I get close to you—" he scooted next to me and my body shivered with energy!
My legs weren't tingling anymore and my eyes weren't so heavy.
I stood up, and wiggled my toes, then looked at Jake.
He was smirking evilly at me.
"—we get stronger. You see what this means don't you?" He asked and stood up, walking so close in front of me that his breath was hitting the bridge of my nose.
Every time I backed up he walked closer.
"We're linked now." His face wasn't kiddish anymore, and his eyes wouldn't blink.

"W-wha—?!" We could hear footsteps, and Jake quickly ran for the window. He jumped out, but not before winking at me.
Where was he going?! I ran to the window but he was already gone.
"Usagi?" I peeked my head out the window, but Jake was nowhere in sight.
I pulled myself back in, and turned to look behind me.
"What are you doing." Insane asked.