Eclipse: Silver Cross

"Please!" I looked to my left and seen a girl on top of a car, kicking at monsters that tried dragging her off.
"We can't." Masme said behind me.
He knew exactly what I was thinking.
"B-but she'll die!" I sniffled and Masme covered my mouth.
"Yell louder and they'll see us! She's already dead, there's tons of-" I ripped his hand off my mouth and scowled.
"I'm not letting someone else die!"
With that being said, I ran over near the car she was posted on.
I had to create a distraction, enough for her to follow Masme to safety.
I had the perfect plan set out in my head.
Swiftly, I ran to a car that was a parking lot away, and busted open the window, a loud alarm sent every single monster you could possibly think of scrambling towards me.
The girl looked at me, and I pointed at Masme, who was posted near dumpsters.
The girl took the hint, and began running towards him.
So that leaves me... Who has over a hundered monsters reaching at her from on top of a car.
"Get away!" I screamed and kicked one in the head.
It fell back, and the rest instantly trampled on top of it, not even caring about their comrade.
It was clear that these monsters had no remorse.
Being so up close to them I got to study their physical features. Some were so gross I wanted throw up.
"Grraaaahhhh!!!" One roared and its body started growing enormous muscles!
"GRRRAAAHHHH!!" Before I knew it the huge monster grabbed the hood of the car, and threw it, with me still on top.
Gravity failed to be my friend, and I flew against a light pole, coughing up tons of blood.
My head was throbbing and creatures were speeding my way.
My body felt paralyzed but I had to move... I had to get up... I had to-
"Move it!" Somebody yelled and he whacked a baseball bat against the heads of these monsters.
My body was so fragile, I couldn't even move.
"It.... Hurts." I coughed and everything faded to black.

~*~

My eyes opened from the feelings of being in a car. Although it wasn't a car... It was a bus.
"I thought you were a gonner back there." Masme said while winding a piece of fabric around my wrist.
"You know... you're pretty courageous for a girl." He smirked and I sat up.
"I-I..."
"Maybe you should keep resting. Besides, we got enough gas to get us to Paris."
I looked around noticing we were on a short bus for the special needs.
I sighed with relief knowing the girl I saved was driving.
"Yeah... You did a good job." Masme reassured me and rubbed my back.
I tried to stand up, but my body was so bruised I ended up falling back down.
"Take it easy, whatever that thing was really injured you. Turns out Sakura here has some medical experience."
I glanced at the drivers seat to see Sakura speeding down the street. I'm not sure where we were going but she seemed determined.
"We're heading to the Silver Cross hospital down the street." Somebody chimed in as if he was reading my mind.
I looked to the back and seen a big with jet black hair and bright emerald green eyes. His skin was pale and he was looking out the window with a face of contempt.
"Oh..." I mumbled and looked away not to seem as if I was staring.
"I couldn't get his real name," Masme whispered. "But he calls himself insane."
"Why?" I whispered back and he shrugged.
I took another glance at the big and turned my attention to Nana.
Her skin was back to normal, but it had a more purple complexion.
"Is she okay...?" I asked and Masme shrugged again.
"She woke up not too long ago, said something about her brain. I just dismissed it."
The bus suddenly came to a stop, and Sakura stood up.
"I want to thank you again for saving me." She walked up to me and held out a hand.
"I'm Sakura."
"Usagi." I smiled and shook her hand. Her smile made it seem like everything would be okay. Like the world will always turn even when you're depressed.
I finally gathered the energy to stand, but my legs felt wobbly.
"Come on, they probably have crutches inside."
Sakura helped me off the bus, and I had to walk around with my arm over her shoulders.

When we approached the hospital, it was a mess. Everything was thrown around and the place was totally wrecked.
"Look!" Masme pointed at a person rapidly gasping for air as his throat was covered in blood.
"Oh my god..." Sakura mumbled and insane approached him.
"His throat's been bitten." His voice was relaxed, and a sort of deep tone.
I looked at the stranger. His eyes still.
"We have to help him..." I sniffled, trying to hide my tears. I still haven't gotten over how fast everything was happening.
"He's been bitten. Might as well say he's dead." Insane spoke.
It was true, even a simple scratch could infect somebody... I thought of Nana. Sakura helped me walk past him, but it was so sudden as the strangers hand randomly gripped my ankle.
I flinched, startled at his action.
"I-it's... Only .... T-the b-b-beginning." His once shaking body turned absolutely still.
He died with his eyes open, but what did he mean? 'It's only the beginning.'?

~*~

"This place is a mess." Masme whispered as we walked through the half open automatic sliding doors.
Papers and files and needles, along but with different types of medicine covered the floor.
The lights were busted and only a few of lights were left.
"Let's split up." Insane demanded. At first we all gazed at him blankly, but we reasoned.
"Masme and Usagi will take the left hall, Sakura and I will take the right." I looked at Insane, his face showed no sympathy. You could tell he's been through a lot, and used his emotions to block everything out.
"Alright..." Sakura lifted my arm, and I actually came up with the strength and will power to stand on my own.
"Take it easy..." Masme mumbled, grabbing my arm, but I shrugged him off.
"How do you expect for me to regain strength if you baby me." I didn't mean to sound mean, but I didn't like when I had to depend on somebody.
"Heh... You're right."
I couldn't move my legs that far with out feeling a sharp pain in my back, so I took little steps.

~*~

I walked inside of a storage room. There were so many antibiotics and syringes I felt like a kid who needed a check-up.
"Hey-" Masme called, his head still looking down at the pills in his hand.
"It says pain relief, and body numb. Lasts for seven hours."
I took my time walking to him and took the pills from his hand.
"Take two per seven hours." I read aloud.
"Are you sure you wanna-" Masme tried to ask but I already swallowed two pills.
"What if something bad happens?"
"Then I'll tell you what hell is like." I began shoving more of the pills in my shirt pocket.
"Never cease." Masme chuckled and we started searching again.

You know... After all of this, you'd think the first place I'd go looking is home huh?
I wish. You see, the truth is I've never had a permanent home. It's always moving to new family's with me. They'd be too old, or have some type of debt to pay, or... Or something... Anything, really. To be honest the only place I could call home is the orphanage.
"Look." Masme pointed to a pair of crutches recklessly yards for each other down the messy hall.
"I hope they're the same height." I mumbled and Masme jogged to reach them.
"Speaking about your condition, what the hell was that thing back there?"
I shrugged.
"Maybe it was another one of its 'forms'."
Masme nodded his head at my accusation.
"We better finish up and meet back with the others." Masme passed me the crutches, and to our luck they fit perfectly.
We gathered a few extra things and placed them in a medical shoulder bag we found on the floor.
"This should get us through until we need more." Masme reassured and I nodded.
We began walking back to where we came from when suddenly a loud gushing noise, and the smell of rotten meat filled the air.
"Oh--god!" Masme gagged.
Turning the corner, the most disgusting scene crossed my eyes.
It was a monster, literally chewing on the intestines of an innocent doctor!
Just as I was about to say something Masme covered my mouth.
He pointed to his left where the hall lead dozens more of those things. They all just stood there, looking at the floor and groaning.
I touched my lip in gasp.

(Picture of Insane)