Eclipse : Its only the beginning

We, as human beings, can not physiologically or physically live the pain the earth can. Something... Something will take us down. Something very mean... And ugly. 

~ Kourtney Thomas

(Picture Character: Masme) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Nana!" I screamed as my muscles almost gave out.
I was pinned against the brick wall of the school by a former student of Tera Academy.
The sad part about it was I knew exactly who he was.
His name was Terrance. 5'5 and always happy...

Always...

"Nana please!" I cried as my muscles began to tingle and his foamy mouth snapped for my neck.
Just as his strength got the best of me, nana grabbed his collar and bashed his head against the pavement.
Blood dripping down my face and chest.
I looked up at Nana who's chest was heaving up like she was honestly enjoying this!
"Nana..." I mumbled and her cold eyes looked up at me.
"We have to move." I breathed and she nodded.

We were both running, unsure where to go or what to do. That's when it hit me.
"Teachers faculty room." I stopped, resting my hands on my knees trying to catch my breath.
"Why would we go there?" She stopped, not a drop of sweat fell from her head.
"Service..." I gasped for air, man I felt out of shape compared to Nana.
"We can contact our parents." I mumbled and Nana looked up, eyeing the window that belonged to the teachers faculty.
"There should be a pair of car keys in there."

After a moment of catching my breath we quietly snook back into the ironically silent school.
"Nana..." I whispered hearing loud cracking noises. Like blood and bones were being mushed inside of a body.
"Shh." She mumbled back and the noises were getting nearer and nearer by the second.
Just as everything went silent, one last cracking noise and an unbearably loud scream pierced my ears like a bullet.
I covered my ears with my hands and dropped to the floor.
This wasn't any ordinary scream, it was like they could tell a banshee to fuck off.
I watched with squinted eyes as Nana crept to the corner and peeked her head out.
Her eyes widened more than I've ever seen any eyes.
I stood up straight and took a look.
A girl... Red hair. Nails linger than five inches, and sharp. Her skin was dark grey and green, and blue smeared together like clay.
Her nose and mouth were gone, and her eyes were pure white.
Her legs were longer than normal, and her arms were just as long as her legs.
Gigantic yellow and orange colored boils were spread a crossed her skin like lava bubbles.

Before I take a look at something else, the sight of a boil popping and melting the marble floor made me puke my breakfast.
Nana elbowed me and I looked up as the girl was soon gazing at us like we were the first thing she's seen after being locked away from society for eight years.
Her huge feet stomped towards, and I was too scared to move a muscle..
What was wrong with me? Why can't I move!
Tears dripped out my eyes and Nana pushed me out the way before the monster jumped atop of her and ripped a chunk of skin off her shoulder, blood spalling everywhere.
I finally came up with some type of courage and kicked the monster off of her.
Nana was all bloody, and I was the reason why!
"Nana!" I cried and took off my jacket, tying it around her shoulder as tight as ever to stop the bleeding.
"U-usagi..." She coughed/cried and I cuffed her hands in mine.
"Turn around!" She roared and the monster was standing tall above me.
I screamed, screamed as loud as I could before her enormous claws slashed my face, yet nothing else seemed to be harmed.
In fact a thud is what made me open my eyes.
It was a jock!
"Move!" He yelled as he took a bat that Nana had and bashed the monsters head open.
My fingers trembled as I crabwalked backwards, pulling Nana with me.
She had risked her life for me and I couldn't even save her or myself.
The football player stood tall in his school uniform and wiped blood from his cheekbone.
"Keep screaming like that and it'll only get worse." He whispered, glancing at Nana.
"I'm Masme." He mumbled before crouching down and looking at Nana's shoulder.
"Her breathing is getting worse, we better get to the nurses office and patch it up."
His blonde hair gleamed in the sunlight.
His hazel eyes glanced in mine and he shook his head.
"Now isn't the time for gawking, we better get a move on."
He was right... Was I gawking?
I pulled myself together and pulled Nana's arm over my shoulder.
"Let me-" Masme insisted, and managed to get Nana on his back.
He was a high school athlete, so this wouldn't slow us down.
"Do you have any idea what's going on? It's like the entire world just flipped over..." I whispered as we quietly jogged through the halls.
"I'm not sure, but I've seen enough. Your friend? She only have the least of it. That was only its second form, and so far I've seen three."
"Forms?!" I squeaked and he whipped a palm to my mouth.
"Quiet!-- yes. Forms. My best friend, Harry, you know the American boy? He turned. It was like his skin molded into something else. He was able to tame himself to inform me to run, and I did. All I know is my best friend is out there somewhere..."
I felt guilt for some reason... It was like I did everything he's saying to his best friend.
"What?" He whispered.
"N-nothin... I-I mean what do you mean what?" I whispered back and he peeked his head around the corner, gesturing the coast clear.
"You started jogging quieter, and your arms are above your waist which means anxiety-- do you have any medical problems like, panic attacks?"
How did he notice?!
"N-no..." I mumbled and he opened the door to the nurses office, a loud creek filling the hallways.
I looked at Masme and he gestured his head for me to look at some guy who was blankly looking at the different medicines.
"Hey..." Nana coughed and the guy turned, his nose leaking blood rapidly, and his arm had a huge bite mark in it, the size of a bear's mouth!
"Help...me." He cried before passing out.
Masme pulled me in the room and quietly shut the door behind us.
Nana recklessly got off his back, and rummaged through cabinets until she found bandages.
"Usagi." Her voice was bold.
Nana tossed me a bottle of alcohol and I flinched to catch it.
"Are you crazy?! It's gonna bur-"
"I'd rather it burn than me die from some infection. I've seen the movies, even a scratch can turn you--besides." Her cold blue eyes looked into mine.
"You're too weak to flick a fly, maybe this will help you get over your anxiety." She stood in front of me, taking off her shirt and looking me dead in the eye.
"This is crazy, obviously she can't do it-" Masme objected but Nana wouldn't take no for an answer.
I looked at the XXX bottle in my hand, brown and black with a white label.
My secrets were unravelling one by one...
"Nana, I'm sorry if it bu-"
"Usagi!" She yelled and I cried/yelled pouring re alcohol on her shoulder.
Nana fell to the floor crying silently, her arm twitching rapidly.
"I-I can't control my arm!" She screamed as her arm grew reptile skin that made me want to throw up.
"Harry...." Masme gasped and yanked me to his side before Nana stood up, half of her face was deformed.
"Usagi! Masme! R-....." Her voice turned into a demonic cry that you'd hear in movies.
"Nana!" I cried and she tangled her fingers in her hair.
"RUN!" She roared before running full speed at us, foam dripping from her mouth, and yellow slime dripping from her fingernails.

.....

This was it.

I had to.... I had to save Nana! Even if it means killing myself! It's the least I can do! But what could I do? I was just an average scaredy cat...
A girl who had the power of a cartoon characters, yet was too courage-the-cowardly-dog to use it,
But even courage faced his fears.

I placed my hand against Nana's chest and slammed her to the floor.
For some odd reason, it felt... Good?
I looked up and Masme threw me a syringe.
I jammed it in her chest, and pumped the anastesia.
Her once blue eyes slowly began to close and Masme sighed with relief.
"That was intense." He mumbled.
It was like a huge wave of braveness drowned me, and I came up a new person.
I threw a bunch of random medicine, needles, and bandages in a school basketball team varsity bag.
"Look who decided to show up." Masme smirked and tossed me some water bottles.
I stuffed the bag and slung it over my arm.
"Usagi." I looked over at Masme who jingled a pair of keys.
"Will you carry her?" I asked and Masme raised an eyebrow.
"But she's-" noticing what this means to me, Masme grabbed Nana and pulled her by the arm over his back.
"So what's the plan?" He asked, and I broke the pole from the medical bed.
"Find the car that belongs to this key."
"But there's thousands of cars out there?" Masme objected and I glared at him.
I honestly didn't have an answer, I mean... I-I know this is a great advantage-- but what good is it if we don't know what car it belongs to?

I had to think like Nana, as much as I hated trying to be like somebody else, I had to.
What would Nana do? What... Would...Nana do...?

"There's a different parking lock for staff." I finally answered.
"But still, there's gotta be more than twenty cars out there."
"Don't you think I know that? But we'll have to take our chances on sticking the key in all of them."
Masme sighed and stayed quiet.

It was the first time ever that somebody depended on my decision to get us through something.
I didn't need anybody to guide me, not even Nana.

I opened the door, the sun from the window shining bright in my face. The feeling of being a leader shivered down my spine.
Was a jock really counting on me?