Chapter 28

*IF YOU GUYS HAVEN'T READ YOUR SALAH YET, THEN REMEMBER THAT THIS BOOK IS NOT IMPORTANT AT ALL COMPARED TO YOUR SALAH*

Recap...

"Ok Laila, it's your turn." Mom says and I look at my letters.

L, A, E, I, O, B, V. Those are the letters that I receive. I see that mom has put down the word EMIT, and I decide to put the word LOVE on top of the E.

"Oooh Laila." Mom coos and everyone laughs. I turn bright red.

It's Uncle Nasir's turn, and he makes the word LOUSY. Aunt Lubna is next and she puts down the word MANY.

Hamza is last and his word is YOU.

The game goes on like this for a while before Mom wins the game like she always does.

CHAPTER 28

It's already more than halfway through second semester, and graduation is nearing closer every day that passes by.

I have no classes this semester with Saafiya, Umme, or Hamza. But I do have a class with Adnan. Although he confessed that he liked me, he still was very polite and proper mannered.

We never talked in class, but he was the guy that clearly didn't talk to any other girl. He always hung out with his crew, and oddly enough, Hamza was also a part of that group.

Personally, I know Adnan because our moms know each other quite well. Growing up, I have always seen him at weddings, and family functions. We never talked that much though, and him having feelings for me is something new that I don't know how to react to.

The bell rings and I am taken out of my reverie. I pack my things and leave my Kinesiology class.

Today is the boys team final soccer game against our rival school, and mom said that I can stay to watch since she is coming home late today.

The meeting up spot for today is Umme's locker, so that's where I go to meet up with Saafiya and Umme. Saafiya is a bit late, but once she's here, we head off to see the game.

The game is taking place outside and we sit down on the bleachers. I see Hamza in his jersey and he waves at me with a boyish smile. I wave back with a smile. At the moment, we are winning the game 5-4, which means the game is very close, and the rival team can still win.

We get some popcorn from the stands and sit back at the bleachers. The other team has scored two goals, so we are one off before losing the game. Everyone is either cheering or staying quiet in anticipation.

Losing this game means that we continue the losing streak that we have had between our rival school for another year. We haven't won a game since a year before I was born, so this game might mean the break to losing.

It's one minute before the game ends and at the moment, we are now tied. Now there is thirty seconds left and Adnan has the ball. Did I mention that Adnan is also on the team? He passes the ball over to Hamza, since there are three team members from the other team hounding him.

I feel my phone vibrate, and see that it's a message from mom. As I open it, the crowd erupts in loud cheers, while my eyes are on the message from mom.

Mom: Asma is in the hospital. Come quick! 

I tell Saafiya and Umme of the news, and try to find Hamza in the crowd since his mom is also there at the hospital. It takes ten minutes just to make my way to Hamza since Mr. Popular is apparently hounded with the whole school around him.