Chapter 27

*IF YOU GUYS HAVEN'T READ YOUR SALAH YET, THEN REMEMBER THAT THIS BOOK IS NOT IMPORTANT AT ALL COMPARED TO YOUR SALAH*

RECAP:

I don't see the chocolates anywhere, so I check the back of the sticky note that was from mom, in hope that she knows where the precious goods are.

"PPS: I'm sorry Laila but I ate most of the chocolates. The rest are put in the pantry. They aren't good for your teeth anyway.... Sincerely, Mom." I smile as I read out her note and go downstairs to claim my goodies.

After eating the only two pieces of chocolate truffles from Lindt that are left for me out of a whole bag, I decide to write a little note of my own to Mystery Man. This is how it goes:

Dear "Mystery Man",

Who is this little birdie?

Love,

Someone who knows your secret ;)

I put the note in a small envelope and give it to mom in her room. She reads out the note and laughs.

CHAPTER 27

Exams were finished and today was Exam Review Day where we got to see our exams for semester 1.

I look at my biology exam and walk out of the classroom, after handing it to Mr. Chase. I wait for Umme and Saafiya to come out too since they still were looking at the exam. I did well on the exam Subhan Allah, so I was pretty satisfied with my final mark for the course.

"I'm going to ruin any chance that you had with Hamza. Any feeling that he might have had towards you is going to be gone by the end of the day. Just watch Laila." A girl in my class named Trisha says to me as she leaves the class.

I feel extremely confused at her words, and walk to the main staircase with Saafiya and Umme. When lunch comes around, I realize that something is extremely off.

"What's going on?" I ask Saafiya and Umme.

"Everyone is saying how someone saw you with Adnan in English class talking. Plus there is a rumor that he's going to ask you out after school." Umme says.

"But I've never even talked to Adnan." I say exasperated and flustered. Was this what Trisha meant?

"He even agreed to it when people asked him. It doesn't really look good right now." Saafiya says.

"Even the freshman know." Umme says agreeing with Saafiya.

"What do I do?" I ask annoyed.

"Go ask him why he's agreeing to all this." Saafiya says.

"Will you guys come with me after school?" I ask them.

"Of course." Umme says, and Saafiya nods.

The whole day goes by anxiously, and I can't wait to get things cleared up. Umme digs around and finds out where Adnan's locker is in the school.

"Why are you spreading rumors about me?" I ask him getting closer to his locker.

"Because I like you. Plus I only said what was true. Trisha didn't make me say anything." He says and I turn pale. This isn't happening. This isn't happening!

"You'll soon know." He says and I turn around to leave.

"Oh and Laila?" He asks me, and I turn back around.

"Yes."

"I only said that I liked you to some of my friends, and you really are oblivious." He says, and leaves. I pale as I realize that there was only one person who called me that word before in my life. 

The ride home is quiet. Both Saafiya and Umme don't say anything but we all are thinking the same thing. 

Once I get home, I decide to take a warm shower to calm my nerves. I also don't eat anything because it's a good idea with my anxious nerves.

Since semester 1 is over, I have no homework to do but I have gotten my textbooks for semester 2. But mom tells me to take a break from my "nerdness" and have fun for once. She literally said that.

"Is there something on your mind?" Mom asks, pulling me aside.

"There is. But I guess you'll find out with time." I tell her with a sad smile.

"Let's play Scrabble." Mom says and I have no choice but to agree since everyone wants to play.

"Ok Laila, it's your turn." Mom says and I look at my letters.

L, A, E, I, O, B, V. Those are the letters that I receive. I see that mom has put down the word EMIT, and I decide to put the word LOVE on top of the E.

"Oooh Laila." Mom coos and everyone laughs. I turn bright red.

It's Uncle Nasir's turn, and he makes the word LOUSY. Aunt Lubna is next and she puts down the word MANY. 

Hamza is last and his word is YOU.

The game goes on like this for a while before Mom wins the game like she always does. 

----

AN: NOT EDITED

Current: 15.7K reads, 1K votes, and 303 comments.

Goal: up to 16.5K reads, 50 more votes, and 30 comments

PS: I might be posting the next chapter up today as well ;)

----

Hadith #1 of the Chapter: "To learn the Knowledgeof the Deen is Fard upon every Muslim man and woman." (Ibn-e-Majah)

This Hadith explicitly states that knowledge of Deen in particular is a compulsory for every Mu'min out there. 

Hadith #2 of the Chapter: "He who goes out insearch of knowledge is in God's path till he returns." (Tirmidhi)

This Hadith teaches one that knowledge and education are things that are very pleasing to Allah swt. Again, this applies to both females and males, so this teaches Muslims that knowledge isn't gender specific.

--

REMEMBER TO PLEASE...

VOTE

COMMENT

FOLLOW

SHARE (via social media)