Chapter 13

Recap...

"What if mystery man is Hamza?" She says and Umme high fives her.

"It isn't." I say dissapointedly.

"How do you know for sure?" Umme asks.

"Well he says that he knows who mystery man is and that they're pretty close." I say.

"Ohh that must suck." Saafiya says.

"I don't even like him." I say.

"You're in denial love, everyone can see it." I glare at Saafiya but she in return smiles back at me innocently.

The next few minutes, we ate our food and I knew that this café would be one that I certainly will return to often. As I finish, I see a small sticky note on the bottom that says "I'm sorry".

I'm curious to what that means considering the fact that mystery man did nothing wrong or did he? I mean I know that he hasn't wrote to me for a while, but it's not like I'm mad at him for something as little as that. As we leave, I see Hamza and he smirks at me and waves goodbye. I wave back at him shyly.

When I get home, I change into my pajamas and see that my parents, and Hamza's parents are home. I give the letter that I have in my room to my mom as she's alone in the living room.

I go upstairs, read Namaz, and then take a nap. After around 40 minutes or so, my alarm starts blaring and I wake up. I go downstairs and see that dinner is cooking.

I see that today my mom and Lubna Auntie are making shawarmas. I decide to make the filling. After we're done, Lubna Auntie calls everyone for dinner. As I eat, my minds goes in all directions. I feel guilty that mystery man has a thing for me, while I like Hamza on the other hand.

After dinner, I read a book, and then read Namaz. I look at the time and see that I should be asleep soon, so I changed into my pyjamas and went to sleep.

Chapter 13

I woke up and Subhan Allah, I felt fresh as ever. The biology test was going to be today and In Sha Allah, I'll do well.

As I stretch my arms, I slowly feel my memories come back to me from the day I had my concussion. I realize that I fell in biology class because I felt weird of the frog dissection. I remember that before I fell, Hamza had the most worried expression in his green eyes.

I remember the conversation that I had and how he wanted me to go outside, since I felt sick. I suddenly felt so guilty because all Hamza was doing in biology class that day was... caring for me.

I felt my heart beat fast and I read Surah Fatiha and hope that it calms down. After a few minutes, my heart was still racing but not as much as before.

I go to the bathroom and take a shower. As I am about to get changed, I see that the floor is red and I realize that I got my period. I grab my pad from the cabinet in the bathroom and clean up the floor that had the drops of blood on it.

Once I'm done, I get dressed in black harem pants and wear leggings underneath them because it's cold outside. I also wear a maroon chiffon blouse, and a thick salt and pepper (black, grey, and white) cardigan on top of it that reaches to the top of my knees.

I decide to put a black hijab on next, and a white cap as well and make sure that my hijab covers my chest, my neck, and my ears because that's the proper etiquette of wearing the hijab.

I decide to put on some EOS lip balm as well because the winter weather makes my lips go extremely chap, and cracked.

I grab my parka and head downstairs. I see my mom, dad, Auntie Lubna, and Uncle Nasir at the dinner table but Hamza is no where to be seen. I say Assalam O Alaikom to all of them and sit down.