Chapter 2

In walked a male with brown hair, green eyes, a v-neck maroon shirt, and a pair of jeans. I quickly remembered to lower my gaze but man oh man, the person was...well I have no words.

I looked around the class and well I wasn't alone. Every girl was looking dreamily at him-I mean not to be sappy or anything but it was happening.

"So you must be the new kid. Since it's your first day here, I'll dismiss your tardy for only once and you must be on time starting tomorrow. Quickly tell your name, and 3 facts about yourself to the class and you can go sit there." He pointed at me and I internally groaned.

"Well my name is Hamza Tariq and I come from England. I used to live here but I moved in grade 5 and I love soccer as well."

His voice sounded so familiar but he had a British accent so it was literally impossible that I knew him. He sat down next to me and opened up his notes.

I was glad he was Muslim but also hoped that he wouldn't try anything as that's just Haram (forbidden). Plus I knew he was a Muslim because of his name and not because I'm a stalker or something.

As class went on, it got really awkward with Saafiya and Umme giggling and writing notes on my notebook on how we were so awkward; well I was at least to say nonetheless.

When class was over I headed to second period, which was English and luckily Hamza wasn't in this class. But even if he wasn't, it was kind of like his presence was. I mean everyone was talking about him.

Girls were gushing on and on about how hot he was and the guys were happy that he might be part of the soccer team this year. I mean every school has their sport and well for us at our high school, it is soccer.

When third period rolled around, I was very glad because a) I could stop hearing everyone talk about Hamza and b) because I was very hungry. Saafiya, Umme, and I all had lunch third period, so we met each other by my locker.

I took out all the things I didn't need for period 4 and 5 and exchanged them with the things that I did need. I took out my lunch and after a couple of minutes Saafiya and Umme came.

"Oh my gosh, you and him were so awkward during bio. Umme I have never seen you that stiff before. You looked like you were going to pee your pants."Said Saafiya while she was laughing.

"I mean Layla, I've never seen you this awkward since...well since forever." Said Umme.

"It's not my fault...that...um...argh you guys are so mean." I say glaring at both of them.

"Mr.Chase was like the parts of the plant is the pistil, the stamen, and blah di blah di blah. While he looked chill, Layla you looked like someone fed you a chilli and superglued your mouth." Said Saafiya and in return Umme and her started laughing again.

It was then that I noticed that Hamza actually was next to me! Aaaaa. Laa Illah ha Illul Laa Hoo Muhammadur Rassoolullah. I internally recited the first Kalima in my mind as I was probably going to die of embarrassment any second now.

"Excuse me." He says and it was then that I realized that I was leaning against his locker. Astaghfirullah. Allah swt please help me.

I moved aside and it was then that I noticed that he was smirking the whole time. The nerve of him! I sulk and wait until he goes away.

Umme and Saafiya both start guffawing as soon as he's out of the hallway and I'm sure my cheeks are rosy red at the moment. I couldn't wait for school to be over.

I said Bismillah and started my lunch which was hummus with pita bread, some fruit slices, and celery with sour cream dip. Since my mom is born and raised with different food traditions as my dad, she encorporates my dad's culture with hers to ensure that I get a mix of both.

The day ended pretty quickly and psychology, and home studies was actually pretty fun today. In home studies, we are taught to knit, make full meals, and also get to learn about children, and giving birth. I thought it was pretty interesting, so I took it.

After school, we went to a pizza store and got a medium sized pizza. I bought the pizza this time because it was my turn and after that, Saafiya dropped us home.