Chapter 4

When we arrive at school, I tell him to park a street away, so we wouldn't be caught together. I met Saafiya and Umme at my locker and we go downstairs to sit in the cafeteria.

I get my notes for period 1 and 2 ready, and look over the lab for biology. We will be paired up with someone random and it's a 3 week assignment, so it's a huge chunk of our mark.

The announcement tell us a while later that we have only two minutes until the bell rings, so we go ahead and walk to biology. I sit down and wait for Mr. Chase to walk in the class. He comes a second before the bell rings.

"Ok guys, we'll do attendance first, and then we'll get started on the summative lab assignment." He quickly did attendance and then talked about the lab.

"This lab assignment will be worth a lot of your mark, so pay attention, or else don't complain to me when you have a 0 as your final mark."

"Ok class, I have put all of your names in this jar, and as I pick the names out, go sit by your partner."

"Luke, you are paired with Angelina."

"Celeste, you are with Mike."

"Saafiya, you are with Umme." I gasp in shock as they squeal and wink at me. Oh no.

"James, you are with Tommy."

"Layla, you are with Hamza."

By now I am frowning, and not feeling too happy with everything. Why does it have to be him and not some other girl in the class?

Mr. Chase tells us that one person in our group can get the posters and the other person can get the lab sheets for the lab.

"I'll get the poster and you can get the lab sheets." Hamza says.

We both go our own ways without acknowledging each other. When we're back in our seats, I see Hamza smirking while looking at his sheets. While I on the other hand... am frowning.

"Mr. Chase is evil." I say under my breath.
"Nope...he's just a good matchmaker."
"What did you say?" I grit out the words through clenched teeth
"I can say it louder if you want me too. I think the whole class would love to hear it as well." As he says this, my fists are clenched and I look like I'm about to seriously hurt him at the moment.

"Are you done the sheets?" Hamza asks me.
"Not quite yet."
"I'll write a couple of the pages out for you." He says sincerely and I "mhmm" in approval. I quickly finish the sheets and see that he's already done and is now examining the posters.

We start to copy down the information on the posters onto a separate piece of paper and by the time we're done all of it, the bell rings.
Saafiya and Umme already left the classroom, along with most people in the classroom. We pack up and leave quickly.

English was next and it was pretty interesting. We had to start our assignment which was to write an essay and a narrative on something that happened in your life.

You could also make it up and since I didn't want to start spilling all my secrets to a teacher, I decided to make it up.

Today I take my slow time getting to my locker because I don't want to see Hamza and because I got out a minute later from English and the crowd started building up like crazy.

I decided not to say anything as I sat by my locker. My mood was in the trash at the moment and I wanted to finish my rough draft of my essay.

"So how was working with 'you know who' today?" Asked Saafiya.
"Nothing happened." I say.
"Oh come on Saafiya and I can tell that you like him." Says Umme. I place all my things in my backpack and glare at them both
"I don't like him!"
"Like who?" Said a voice that was neither Umme's or Saafiya's.