Chapter 17

Recap...

As I fill out the applications, I see a white envelope sticking out from my bookshelf where I keep my Quran and Hadeeth books. I open the envelope and see a typed up letter in it.

Dear Layla,

I know that you are nervous about not knowing who I am but I want to keep it as a form of a surprise for you. Just remember that when it gets hard, Allah (swt) is by your side as long as you keep him by yours.

I know that we have to fill university applications and all I can hope is that In Sha Allah, we'll go the same university but if we don't, may Allah (swt) guide us to be together nonetheless. Whenever you're stressed remember that there is someone in this world who cares for you deeply even if you might not share the same mutual feelings with him.

In Sha Allah, Allah (swt) will guide us both in the right path and aid us in making the decisions of the Dunya. I know that you are scared in making this important decision but remember that having trust in me Layla is what I hope you do.

Waiting to hear back from you.

Sincerely,

Yours Truly (mystery man)

As I read the letter, my heart starts fluttering and a smile appears on my face. I hug the letter to my chest and make a Dua to Allah (swt) to guide me in the straight path. As I hug the letter with a smile on face, my door opens.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Hamza says coming in.

"Nope, I'm fine now." I say with a genuine smile.

"I'm assuming that something written on that paper made you happy." He says with a smile and I nod my head repeatedly.

"Yes! I'm so happy Hamza. My future spouse is amazing." I say like a little girl during Eid.

"Well I'm happy that it's starting to work out for you Layla." He says as heads for the door.

"How is your girl doing?" I ask him before he fully leaves and I see that he hesitates for a while before stepping back into my bedroom.

"She's amazing Subhan Allah, and I think she likes me back." He says seriously before walking out of the room.

For the first time for a very long time... Hamza saying that doesn't tear at my heart like I thought it would. I'm in love with my future spouse only, and I don't regret thinking of this one bit. I can't believe my other half might be this amazing and charming.

I know that Allah (swt) will find Hamza an amazing woman to be with because he deserves a woman that will love him back as he loves her. I hope that the girl and Hamza live a long happy life because someone as amazing as Hamza, deserves someone who is his equal.

Chapter 17

As I place my university applications in the mailbox in front of my house, I can't help but feel anxious, and scared at the same time. Anxious because I really want to get into the university close by, and scared because I don't know if I'll make it in.

Once I get home, I make a Nafl prayer, and make Dua for my future, my parents, and the deceased. I make Dua that my future holds a loving husband, a career, and my parents love for me. Once I am finished making my Dua, I decide to listen to Sami Yusuf's Naats and take notes for psychology class.

As I finish my psychology notes, I hear mom calling me downstairs. Once I get downstairs, I see that mom and Auntie Lubna have wedding magazines in their hand.