Part II: Chapter 9

This may be short, I have to leave for work very soon.

Chloe sprinted into the packhouse, searching for her witch friend. When she found her, she didn't say anything before grabbing her by the wrist and dragging her to the cells. Lilith tried getting answers from her, but the Luna was too focused on her task. When they reached the last cell, Lilith gasped. Curled up in a corner, shivering, coughing, and wheezing was Kaden. He was curled up in both blankets, but they were doing nothing to keep him warm. He was extremely pale, despite the shivering, he was covered in sweat. 

"Does Seth not have a heater down here? It's the middle of winter!" Lilith fumed. 

Chloe shook her head, "Sadly, he doesn't. Kaden won't let the guards touch him, but he has been getting worse during the past few days." 

Lilith ran into his cell and shook him awake, his eyes snapped open and focused on her, she gently felt his head, frowning at the heat. "You need to go to the infirmary." she stated.

He shook his head, "I-I'm f-fine."

"Kaden."

"N-no."

She released a breath, "What if you stay in my bed?" 

"No doctors?"

"No. No doctors." 

He was quiet for a few seconds before nodding, she carefully helped him stand, frowning at how weak he was. As they walked down the aisle, the guards helped her take him the rest of the way. She was relieved when they reached her room, it was far more warm in her room than it was in those freezing cells. They carefully laid him on her bed before the guards left, once they were gone, she grabbed some water and a cloth. He winced when she placed the wet cloth on his head, he tried taking it off, but she quickly swatted at his hands. 

"I know, it's cold, but we have to break your fever." she whispered softly.

His eyes fluttered open, they were glazed over with sickness as he studied her. He didn't say anything, he just quietly watched as she ran around the room, grabbing things and placing the cloth on his forehead. 

"Do you want to take a bath?" she asked. "I know you're too weak, but I can help. I won't go past your hips." 

He frowned, "I'm fine."

She sighed, "Okay." 

Throughout the day she took care of him, keeping him warm, but breaking his fever at the same time. She had tried getting him to eat, bu a few seconds after, he ended up vomiting. When his fever spiked, she began to worry, she had tried convincing him to go to the infirmary, but he refused. She knew he had a fear of doctors, he always did. It didn't help that his older brother was the main doctor and they hated each other. She stuck, she began to worry that he wouldn't get any better, that he get too sick. 

Seth gently combed his fingers through Lilianna's hair, making sure the shampoo covered each strand. Lilianna relaxed against the bath, enjoying the warm water and the feel of her mate combing through her hair. She smiled when he started to rub her head again, causing her to become even more calm. He then started to wash the shampoo out of her hair, chuckling when she sighed. 

"So, what did I do to deserve this sort of treatment?" she asked quietly.

He grinned, "Nothing. Just you being you."

She hummed in response, she opened her eyes as he leaned down and kissed her on the lips. She brought her hand to his face and traced over the scars, it did still hurt that she knew she caused them, but it was getting easier. She was glad that he forgave her for it, now she was working on forgiving herself. Once her hair was done, she asked him to get into the tub with her. 

He raised an eyebrow at her, causing her to chuckle. "I'm not getting out anytime soon, it's warm. So, you need to hop in." 

He laughed and quickly undressed, he carefully got into the tub and sat behind her. He wrapped his arms around her and pulled her against his muscled chest, she smiled in content. For a while, neither one of them spoke, he just silently ran his fingers through her hair. He then ran his hand over her stomach. Even though it was almost the second month, her stomach was already a little round. He smiled to himself, happiness burst in his chest at the thought of them having a family. 

"I love you, baby girl." he whispered.

She smiled, "I love you too, turtle."