Chapter 19

Lilianna sat back as Steven had the leader of the guards, whipped. She could hear his screams, it did make her feel uneasy, but she was far past caring. She sipped her coffee and read the newspaper, ignoring the pained cries. After her speech, the pack quickly went into their rooms and didn't come out. She was a little ticked when she couldn't find Darien, but Tyler told her he sent him to 'help' out another pack. In all honesty, he wanted Darien far away from the pack for a while.

"So, do you think Seth will be coming back soon?" Tyler asked, sitting down.

Lilianna sighed, "Maybe. He just has his bad days and then he'll be happy for a few hours. We can't keep up with him and he can't keep up with himself."

"I really hope the pack regrets hurting him, worse comes to worse, the council splits the pack up. Considering my father gave Seth's father this land, the land will probably return to my father." Tyler said. "And you and Seth could make a pack, all on your own."

She blushed as he winked at her, before she could slap him, the door flew open. Both looked over to see Seth standing there, he nervously looked at them before walking over to a chair. 

"Seth?" Lilianna asked, confused.

"I-I saw you came back here...I didn't want you to deal with this on your own. It's my job too." he explained, his voice quiet.

"How did you get here?"

"I ran, in wolf form." 

She sighed before smiling, "You're crazy, you know that?"

He half smiled before looking away, "Darien isn't here, is he? I don't have the energy to deal with him." he said tiredly.

"No, Tyler sent him to some other pack for a while." she explained.

Seth nodded before curling up on the couch, she stood up and sat beside him, wrapping her arms around him so she could hug him. Tyler smiled as he watched the two, he could see the love surrounding them. Seth had immediately relaxed in her grip and rested his head on the couch cushion. Once he was asleep, Lilianna curled up around him.

"He's always tired." she sighed.

Tyler nodded, "Depression does that." 

"I know."

"Where is Seth!?" Ryan shrieked, bursting into the room.

Both of them held in their laughter when they saw her, she was the definition of a mess. Her hair was all tangled, she had a few small branches stuck in it, there was dirt all over her, and her feet had cuts on them. She was trying to catch her breath as she looked around, when she saw Seth sleeping, she relaxed.

"My mom and I tried stopping the crazy bastard, but he was determined to protect you. He was very unhappy to find out his mate went back to their crazy pack, alone." she breathed.

Lilianna frowned, "But I came here with your father."

"We didn't get a chance to tell him that part."

Tyler smirked, "I'm shocked you actually ran here without dying."

"Shut up." Ryan grumbled, flashing him a glare. 

Steven walked back in a few hours later with a smirk on his face, but when he spotted Seth, he frowned. "Why is he here?" he demanded.

Lilianna yawned, "Ryan, explain this to your father."

So, Ryan quickly explained everything to a stunned Steven, when she was finished he frowned. He then shrugged and sat down on the floor, mumbling about pain in the ass nephew.

"I want him to stay away from the pack members, you guys are to always surround him. Got it?" he said, giving a worried look towards his sleeping nephew.

All three nodded, "Got it." 

"Good. Now, it's getting close to dinner time, I'm ordering pizza for us. I have rooms for us in the Alpha Hall. Lil, you're sleeping in Seth's room with Seth." Steven announced. "No having sex."

Lilianna chuckled, "We won't have to worry about that."

"If you feel uncomfortable though, a guest room is connected to his. You'll see a second door in the bathroom." he explained.

"Thank you." 

Once they had dinner, which Seth refused again, Lilianna dragged him upstairs. He was quiet the whole time, except for when she tripped and he caught her. They shoved his door open to see the room still clean, exactly the way he left it. 

"Are you sleeping in here with me?" he asked quietly.

Lilianna froze, "Do you want me to?"

"Only if you feel comfortable."

She thought over it before smiling, "Well, we are mates, I'm going to sleep in the same bed eventually."

He smiled, "If you do feel uncomfortable during the night, then, wake me up and I'll sleep in the chair."

"Why not the guest room?" she asked.

"I don't want you alone, I may have issues right now, but I can still protect you." 

She smiled, "Thank you."