Part II: Chapter 16

"Kaden, you can't do that!" Lilith shrieked as he walked past her.

"What?" he mumbled, taking a bite of the red jello.

She sighed and pinched the bridge of her nose, "You can't just walk into someone's hospital room and take their jello."

"She was shouting she didn't want it, so, I took it." 

"You can't just..." she sighed. "Forget it."

He shrugged as they walked out of the hospital, she glanced at him and smiled. They walked out the doors to see Darien and Lilianna sitting on a bench outside, arguing over something as usual. Lilith raised an eyebrow, when Lilianna slapped her brother on the back of the head, she cleared her throat. Both of them snapped their eyes to their amused parents.

"Darien started it." Lilianna mumbled.

He narrowed his eyes, "I did not you little-

"Darien, stop being rude." Lilith smirked before walking past them. 

Kaden didn't say a word as his children got up and followed them, he had no idea what to say. He just found out that he has a biological daughter and he still has no idea how to apologize to his son. He knew a simple sorry wouldn't do anything, not that he won't say it anyway. Lilith glanced at her mate, he was glancing at his children, confusion evident in his eyes. She smiled softly before grabbing his hand and pulling him closer to her. 

"You alright?" she asked softly.

He smiled, "Yeah." 

Seth walked through the dungeon, his hands were clasped behind his back as he thought over how this would go. He was finally ready to speak to the hunters, he silently prayed they would give him the answers he needed, but he knew they wouldn't. He stepped into the interrogation room, memories of his guards dragging his mate into this room flashed through his mind. He quickly shoved those memories aside and sat down, he leaned back in the chair, studying the first victim. 

"Good morning." he smirked.

The hunter glared at him, "I wouldn't say it's a good morning." 

"Ah, not for you." 

"I'm not going to tell you anything." the hunter sneered.

Seth smirked, "That's where you're wrong." 

Seth whistled as he walked out of the room and back through the aisles, he got a few of his answers, but that hunter wouldn't be talking again for a long time. At least, now, he knew where two of their campsites were. He sighed, he knew his pack wanted to kill these hunters, but it would cause too many questions if he just went in and killed multiple hunters. He didn't need nor want the council visiting him, they already caused enough pain as it is. He remembered all their abuse towards him, how they had no problem making him hate himself throughout those years. To make him the best alpha in their eyes.

"Best alpha." he scoffed.

He walked into the packhouse, he sighed when he didn't see his mate home, he walked up to their room with a frown. He quickly showered, hating the feel the dungeon always gave him, he always felt disgusting afterwards. Once he was done and was drying off, the bathroom door swung open to reveal a shocked Lilianna.

"I thought you would be dressed by now." she mumbled as her cheeks turned pink.

He smirked, "Oh, really?"

"Yes, really." 

He chuckled and kissed her on the cheek, "How's your dad?" 

"Better, but it's awkward between us. I don't know what to say to him and I don't know if I should call him Kaden or dad." she sighed.

"Well, maybe you could call him Kade or Kaden for now. I can tell you're uncomfortable with calling him dad." he replied, drying his hair with the towel. 

She put the lid to the toilet down and sat, she frowned as she watched her mate. "My mom told me he doesn't really know how to...speak to new people. I would have never taken him to be the shy type of guy." 

Seth laughed, "He's one of the shyest people I know. Just give it time, eventually, you two will form some sort of daughter/father relationship. Darien just needs to forgive him, which, he already did for the most part."

"Really?"

"Yeah, he was talking to me the other night about it. He wanted to see if his father could end up loving him like a father should. He just can't figure out how to make Kaden feel like part of the family, he talks to Lilith, but no one else."

"His older brother forgave him." Lilianna stated.

Seth raised an eyebrow, "He did?"

"Yeah, though, he is a bit annoying." 

"Viktor has always been annoying." 

"I find it hard to believe he's the older brother."

Seth chuckled, "Everyone does." 

"So, what are we doing tonight? I believe you said something about a date?" she mused.

"I did, didn't I?" he grinned, kissing her on the lips.

"mhm." she hummed. 

"I was thinking we could either go to that restaurant from before, since you've been dying to go there again or...we could go to my parents' lake house." 

She blinked, "Lake house?"

"Yeah, we used to spend a few weekends there. My dad would take me fishing and my mother would complain about the mosquito." 

"I think I'd like that." she grinned, wrapping her arms around his waist.

 He smiled before claiming her lips with his, they kissed until they could no longer breathe. When they parted, she smiled and rested her head against him.

"Don't you have a meeting to go to soon?" she asked.

"Yeah, with Alpha Odysseus, you can come." 

"I'd love to." 

A/N: Short, I know...I have to work sadly. 

So...Alpha Odysseus...we are going to have a story about him very soon. ;) That will be the series that will be connected with this series. 

Don't forget to comment!