Chapter 25

"How did you fail like this?" the man fumed, glaring at the annoyed younger man. "She's supposed to hate him!"

"And how was I supposed to know they were mates?" the younger man snarled.

The man sighed and ran his hand through his hair, "We need to break them up."

"I know a witch who can put a spell on him, he'll become feral at random times, three times a day." the young man explained.

"Good, this witch better not be who I think she is. Don't disappointment me this time, Darien. Or you won't see your precious mate alive." 

Darien looked over at the girl laying in the cell, her green eyes shined with pain. "Darien, don't. You're losing your pack! Your family! I'm not worth it." 

He frowned, "Yes, you are...they'll..." 

He furrowed his eyebrows and looked away, "They will never forgive me." 

He sighed as he got up and left the run down factory, his heart hurt as he thought of Seth losing Lilianna. He didn't want to do this to them, Lilianna was like a little sister to him and Seth was like a younger brother. Hurting them was the last thing he ever wanted to do, but now he had no choice. He mentally cursed out his father for making him do this, he loathed the man. 

"All because he's butthurt over not having Seth's mom." he grumbled to himself. 

He stopped by the road and dialed the witch's number, when she answered, he sighed. "Hey, I need you to make Seth go feral three times a day."

"How bad?" the witch questioned.

"...bad enough so that Lilianna will hate him."

"Okay." she sighed.

Before she hung up, he quickly stopped. "You know what? No. I...I can't do this to them. I can't watch him destroy himself even more. Just..."

"Why are you even doing this, Darien? You're going to lose your family." 

Darien bit his lip, "Every time I've tried freeing my mate he...he somehow always knew. I can't stand watching her be punished, but I can't stand watching Seth slowly die. I don't know what to do, mom." 

"Oh, my boy, I'll figure something out." she said, trying to comfort him.

"Why can't you come back here?"

"Your father will kill me, I can't help you if I'm dead. When I have something figured out, I'll call you."

He sighed and wiped away his tears, "Okay."

"Once I end this...you must explain everything to Seth."

"Like he'll listen. I...dad tried making me kill him. I had to create a fake version of me to stab him, I couldn't do it." he whimpered. "I'm losing a brother." 

"Hey, don't cry, I'm going to figure this out. Stay strong. I love you, sweetie."

"Love you too, mom." 

Once she hung up, he sighed and sat on the ground. He hugged his knees to his chest, letting his tears fall from his eyes. 

A/N: whoa...so many plot twists in just one chapter. Were you guys expecting this?;)

By the way, this is only part 1 of the story. Once this part is finished, there will be a blank chapter, and then part 2 will start. It's easier than splitting it into two different books.