Part II: Chapter 1

"Today, we gather around to witness the execution of Kaden Lance." Seth announced as he stood before his pack.

Beside him, Lilianna stood with her head held high with her mate's mark on clear display. One the other side of the Alpha was Darien and Avery, who also held her mate's mark. Both males also showed their mates' marks proudly, their arms were wrapped around their girls' waists, pulling them against their sides. 

Before them stood Darien's father, Kaden. His eyes were set on his son, the hazel orbs were empty of any emotion. Darien wasn't surprised though, he wasn't expecting his father to regret anything he had done. He knew his father as heartless and jealous bastard, a man who wanted another woman instead of his true mate. He glanced at his mother, she stood in the crowd, she had refused to stand before her ex-mate. 

"Any last words, Kaden?" Seth asked.

Kaden clenched his jaw, "Where is Lilith?" 

Lilith stiffened at the sound of her name coming from his mouth, it has been years since she heard him say her name. She looked at her son and Alpha, she shook her head, refusing to allow him to see her. She knew what he was going to say, he was going to insult her, threaten her, anything to make her hurt. 

Seth turned his attention back to the criminal, "She's here, but she refuses to stand before you." 

Kaden frowned, for the first time in many years, he could feel his heart break. He released a breath before turning his head to the side, scanning the crowd. When he found her, his eyes locked with her's. To see all the pain he had caused her broke his darkened heart, he took a deep breath.

"I'm sorry, Lilith." he said, allowing his guilt to show in his voice.

Lilith sucked in a breath, shocked by the words. She then shook her head, "No, you're not. You never will be." she stated.

Kaden nodded before looking back at Seth, he still hated his son, he didn't know why either. However, being away from the one woman who was meant for him, ruined him. He knew what he did was wrong and he knew he destroyed their relationship. He was the reason she went to Aaron, the reason she had Lilianna, the reason she no longer loved him. Even though she doesn't believe it, she still held his heart, she owned him. After just a year, he had given up on his jealousy over Seth's parents. Since kindergarten, he had always loved Seth's mother, but when he met his mate, his heart was torn in two. He didn't want her then, but now, he did.  Now, he saw his mistakes, he saw the pain and suffering he caused her, he saw how he had pushed her away, into another man's arms. 

He swallowed, "Can I please, speak to my mate alone?"

Seth clenched his jaw, "You don't get any requests, Kaden." 

Lilith frowned as he hung his head, "I understand." 

"Wait...can you give us a minute?" Lilith asked softly. "I want to hear what he has to say." 

Darien frowned, "Are you sure?" 

"He'll be in silver chains, he can't hurt me." 

Seth nodded as the guards dragged Kaden inside the packhouse, Lilith silently followed behind them. Once they were alone, Kaden finally allowed his facade to fall. Lilith watched as the guilt shined in his eyes, how his body sagged with defeat, how much of a truly broken man he was. 

"I'm sorry." he whispered.

She frowned, "You hurt my son, our son."

"I...I don't know why."