I stood up abruptly from my desk, sending the papers from my hands and on the desk flying. I don't waste another second as I fling on my jacket.

Even from the short time they've known me, when the members all saw the look in my eyes as I made my way through the guest area towards the door, they know I'm heading out with the intent to kill.

Even more so when Yui follows behind me with the same look in her eyes.

Half an hour later, I pin a man to a wall by binding his wrists behind his back and pushing his neck down, clenching my hand around it. She stood beside with a loaded gun pointed at his temple. Both of our expressions were dangerously calm and our eyes showed a clear wave while the man pants rapidly in fear of his life. Around us, three other men laid silently on the concrete ground, motionless, with a pool of blood still seeping under each of them.

"I-I-It was for the money! I swear! I didn't even know that woman!" The man answered frantically when confronted by the homicide they committed, "C-Come on! I thought you guys, of all people, would understand. You're from the mafia, right? You've killed for money and territory, haven't you?! You've tricked tons of people for personal gains, haven't you?!"

His words caught me by my weakness. Images of the people who fell down in front of my gun flashed through my head and the deafening sound of bullets after bullets being fired echoed in my mind. 

I was only ten years old when I made my first kill. After having missed several shots since I was inexperienced, I fired a shot that pierced through the man's glabella. I still remember how the blood oozed out of his fatal wound and the way his eyes looked. 

Why did I kill that man again? I was pushed out into the field after father mumbled something about that man failing to pay back all the money he owed us. So, I did once kill for money.

"Shut your mouth hole." Yui suddenly said, clicking off the safety of her gun, "Don't lump us together with the likes of you."

"Are you saying that you're justice?! Gimme a break! You kill, just like I do!" The man yelled as best as he could while his face was all pressed up against the wall.

"Let me ask you, why did you kill that woman?" She proceeds to ask, I watch her intently, not sure what she's doing.

"For the money, I told you." The man responded, seemingly equally as confused as I am.

"And why are we here now, killing you?" 

His eyes widened, "F-For revenge...."

"Get it through your thick skull," She pressed the gun right up to his temple, then grinned at him and repeated, "Don't lump us together with the likes of you."

"It's game over." I finally found my voice. As soon as I spoke, Yui fired. The body fell limp to the ground, joining his accomplices.

"...Thanks." I mumbled in a low voice as we weave through the alleys. We couldn't walk on the streets because our clothes were covered in blood.

"For what?" She asked, a puzzled expression on her pale face, but I don't speak further. After watching me for a few more seconds, a small smile stretched onto her lips, "Daryl, you're blushing."

"You're imagining it." I respond and quickened my pace, I hear her faint laughter that she tried to suppress. 

Back at the hotel, we showered separately and changed into fresh clothes. I dried my hair with a towel while I walked into Yui's room.

She laid horizontally across her bed, with her damp hair dangling off of the edge of the bed. Her stomach that is covered up by her robe rose and fell as her eyes were closed.