Riley and Farkle

(A/N: this is my first one shot, so it isn't very good. And it's also long. I'm sorry. I'll try to make my next one not as long. Also, comment ships you guys want me to do. It can be any ship. Even if I don't ship it, I will still write it for you guys.)

Riley's POV:

"Okay Riley. Are you sure you want to babysit? Cause we can reschedule." My father says as my mother straightens his tie.

"I'm sure dad. Everything will be okay." I say in a reassuring tone, my hand resting on his shoulder.

"Okay sweetie. Well, Ava and Dewey's parents are waiting outside, so we should get going. Ava and Dewey's bags are in Auggies room and all of their stuff that they will need for the night is in those bags." I nod. "I love you." My mother says, planting a kiss on my forehead. "I love you too." I say before they walk out the front door.

I lock the door behind them and look at the three children sitting on the couch, a smile on my face.

"Who's ready to have some fun?" I say, clasping my hands together, a smile on my face.

They all look at each other with small smirks on their faces. I furrow my eyebrows in confusion.

"PILLOW FIGHT!" They all yell at once before they each grab a pillow and look at me.

"ATTACK RILEY!" Ava yells. I scream as they all charge at me and start whacking me with their pillows, knocking me onto the ground.

After about five minutes of being hit with pillows, they run off into the other room.

I sit up and run my hands through my now messy hair.

Well, tonight's going to be a blast.

*one hour later*

The house is destroyed. I never knew that three eight year olds could do so much damage in just an hour. They are running around the house, with war face paint on their faces and screaming. 

Suddenly someone knocks on the door, making me jump.

I stand up from my spot on the couch and walk over to the front door. I unlock the door, leaving the chain on the door.

I open the door and see a really cute boy in a black jacket, a shirt that has planets on it, dark jeans and converse.

"Hello?" I ask him after a couple seconds of an awkward silence.

"Oh, hi, sorry. Spaced off for a second." He says with a chuckle. He rubs the back of his neck, a small smile still on his face.

"Well, is there a reason you knocked on my door? I'm kind of busy, trying to survive babysitting." I say as he laughs slightly.

"Sorry, let me introduce myself. I'm Farkle Minkus. My dad and I just moved here from California. We live across the hall. My dad got mad at me and kicked me out. And he took my phone. I was wondering if I could possibly use your phone to call my friend and see if he can come get me. But it seems like you may need some help calming them down." He says. We both laugh.

"Yea, I do need some help. But how do I know you're not a robber or something?" I ask, a small smile on my lips. He chuckles and runs his hand through his hair.

"I'm not a robber. I'm a genius sixteen year old scientist who is looking at a very beautiful girl right now." He says with a smile on his face.

He called me beautiful.

I smile and look down at my purple socks, trying to hide the blush that is creeping onto my cheeks.

I look back at him for a second before I close the door and take off the chain. I open the door and step aside. "Come on in." I say with a smile, pushing my hair behind my ear.

"Sorry that the place is a mess. I'm babysitting my brother and his two friends. And yea, they are a little hyper." I say as he laughs. "A little?"

Auggie, Ava, and Dewey run into the room screaming. When they see Farkle they stop in their tracks and go silent.

"Hello cutie." Ava says looking at Farkle.

"Ava!" Auggie yells.

Farkle and I look at each other and laugh.

"Sorry babe." Ava says as Auggie nods, accepting her apology.

Farkle looks at me with a small smile before turning to the children in front of us.

He looks down at his watch, "It's almost ten, shouldn't you three be in bed?" He asks, folding his arms.

They all look at each other before nodding. "Well, why don't you guys go wash up and go to sleep." Farkle says. They all run out of the room to get ready for bed.

Farkle turns to me, a proud smile on his face. "And that's how you do it." He says proudly. I roll my eyes and a giggle slips out.

"Sorry, I hate my laugh."

"Why? It's cute." He says with a small smirk. I turn my head to hide my smile and red cheeks.

I pull my messy dark brown hair into a messy bun.

I roll my eyes again. "Thank you Farkle. And thank you for helping me get them to go lay down. Ey, if you want, you can use my phone to call your friend and have him come get you." I say as I start cleaning the living room.

"Actually I think I'd like to get to know the beautiful brunette across the hall." He says, smiling at me, a red tint to his cheeks. I smile back.

"Good. Cause I am very curious to get to find out who the cute, mysterious, scientist is." I say with a playful tone. We both laugh and he helps me clean up the house, which only took about fifteen minutes.

We sit down on the couch and start talking.

We ended up talking for two hours. My parents, along with Dewey and Ava's parents walk through the door.

I walk Farkle outside of the apartment, shutting the door behind us.

"I had a great time talking with you, Ms. Matthews." He says, bowing. I laugh and smile.

"As did I, Mr. Minkus." I say with a curtesy. We both laugh. "We should do it again sometime." I suggest, a smile on my face.

He nods, smiling back. "How about tomorrow? Coffee?" He asks, shoving his hands on his pockets. He looks down at his shoes.

"I'd love that." I accept his offer. He looks up at me, a big smile on his face.

"Really? Cool. Um, I'll see you at eleven?" He asks. I nod.

"It's a date." I say with a smile before I open the door and walk inside the apartment, leaving him in the hallway, a big goofy grin on his face.