Chicken Fight - Steve Rogers x Reader

Words: 758
Pairing: Steve Rogers x Reader
Featuring: Tony, Sam, Thor, Nat, Clint
Warnings: swearing
Requested by anon
Summary: On a nice day off, your team decides to spend some time in the pool. This game results in your secret coming out.
Author's Note: A little shorter than my normal fics, but I still like how cute it is :)

*Edited*

---

"How come we don't make money from this job?" You asked Steve while the two of you were sitting poolside as everyone else was doing their own thing, most of the team in the pool.

"Is saving the world not enough reward for you?" Steve laughed and lifted his sunglasses.

"How am I supposed to buy all the food I want without getting money?" You argued.

"Look, you know I love you, but I really don't think we have to worry about money. We kind of know a billionaire," Steve whispered, making sure no one could hear you.

You rolled your eyes, "Yeah, but-"

"Guys!" Tony shouted, "Get your asses over here; we're playing a game because everyone is ready to fight! So I, naturally, came up with the best idea!"

You groaned and rolled out of your seat, slowly getting into the pool. "So, what are we doing?"

"We're fighting," Natasha smiled, "Pick your partner."

"Steven!" Thor yelled, picking up Steve from beside you. "I need a trustworthy soldier to help me fight in this totally serious battle."

Sam walked over to you, "I'm determined to kick Steve's ass," Sam smirked.

"I agree, but what exactly are we doing?"

"Chicken fight!" Sam shouted, bending down to let you hop onto his shoulders.

"What? No, wait, wait!" Steve yelled from the opposite side of the pool as Thor forced Steve on top of his shoulders.

"Let's kick some ass," You smiled as Sam began to walk to other pairs.

With Natasha on Clint going against Tony and Rhodey, Tony was quickly knocked off from Natasha hitting him. "Ha, too bad your armor isn't waterproof!" She shouted, obviously bragging.

"Thank you for the idea, FRIDAY, mark it down!" Tony shouted, "But Romanoff, I'll get you-"

As Natasha was yelling at Tony about how much he sucks, Sam walked up behind the distracted pair, you quickly pushing Natasha off of Clint's shoulders. "Really?" Natasha shouted from below you.

"Really, Nat," You laughed as Sam walked away to the next pair.

Everyone was soon out, and it was down to the last two; you on Sam and Steve on Thor. "Looks like this is it," You whispered to Sam, "Be smart about this."

"When am I not smart?" He retorted.

"I wouldn't ask that question," You laughed.

Steve smirked at you, almost sure he was going to win. He's a super-soldier; he can take you down quickly. It would be a breeze!

The pairs got closer as you tried to figure out the right way to go about this. You really did not want to lose to your boyfriend; he would never stop bragging. When you were close enough, you put one hand on his forearm and one on his shoulder, getting a grip.

"Long time no see," Steve smiled, "Thor! Stop moving so much! We're unstable!"

"I am trying!" Thor shouted, still losing his balance from Sam trying to mess him up.

Sam laughed as he kept trying to hit Thor's knees, succeeding a few times. It made him stumble backward, and he could barely stay standing, making Steve a target you could take down with a small push.

"See-ya," And you pushed Steve as hard as you could. But when you pushed, you leaned too far forward and made Sam lose his balance, meaning you fell as well.

Your eyes were opened as you fell into the water, and you noticed that Steve dropped right in front of you. Smiling, Steve grabbed the sides of your face lightly and pulled you in for an underwater kiss. When he released, he blew as many bubbles as he could directly in the center of your face, making you slap him.

When the two of you emerged from the water, you saw Thor's jaw drop. "Steven?" Thor yelled, catching everyone's attention, "You and (Y/N)?"

"What are you talking about?" You laughed nervously, hoping the attention would go away.

"You two kissed! Underwater! And it was adorable!" Thor shouted, "But wait, Steven, how could you do this to me? I thought we had something!"

"Thor, are you on something?" Tony called.

"No, they kissed!"

You looked to Steve, both your faces turning as red as a tomato. You received a questioning look from almost the entire team, them waiting for a reply.

"Well, you see," Steve started, "We must be excellent at hiding things, because, for a while now, we've been hiding that we're in love." And at that, the rest of your team groaned in annoyance over how adorable it was.