Sides Part (2/2) - Bucky Barnes x Reader

Words: 1039
Pairing: Bucky Barnes x Reader
Featuring: Steve Rogers, Tony Stark, others mentioned
Warnings: fighting
Requested by @sexymackstan
"OMG I LOVED SIDES! yes okay Part 2 to sides can be where she becomes an avenger and Bucky never wanted it, but he knew he couldn't stop you. After Civil War no one trusted Bucky, but when you vouched for Bucky, they began to trust him more than anything in this world. Hydra had learned of you switching sides and ordered to have you killed, but Tony saves your life and Bucky tells Tony he would be forever in debt, what happens when everyone finds out that you're Tony's sister?"
Summary: After officially joining the team, you and Bucky gain more trust. HYDRA is not happy that you switched sides, and some memories come back that HYDRA took.
Author's Note: I really like Bucky Barnes. It's a little weird timing-wise but eh, fanfic.

*Edited*

---

Breaking. Running. Quiet.

It was dark out and you couldn't take anything with you. Thanks to HYDRA, it was a lot easier to break out of things. You could break through the toughest wall around when you learned to control your laser powers. And it was even easier when the brainwashing stopped working on you, too.

You hid in a small town after escaping HYDRA. You lived there for about a year in the quiet. Everyone in town knew everyone's names, but no one ever seemed to talk to you. You hid in your little house most of the time, in fear of being called a freak and HYDRA finding you again. You realized that your gut was right, and HYDRA was wrong.

One day, things in the town started to explode. Children were screaming, and adults were crying. You saw HYDRA agents starting to invade, so you started to run off.

"Where do you think you're going?" One of the agents told you. The agent aimed his gun at you.

"Not with you." A man with a shield jumped in front of you and blocked the bullet shots. You looked at him like he was crazy, but he just smiled at you.

"Steve Rogers." He said to you. "We're here to recruit you, as well as help the town."

---

That was months ago, and you still hadn't actually become an Avenger. You worked at the facility while everyone else went on missions. Bucky wasn't trusted by half of the team to help out in the field. So you and Bucky helped behind the scenes.

Tony and Steve offered you the job again, and this time you really considered it. You had fully learned your powers and felt much more comfortable with fighting.

Bucky tried to talk you out of it. He didn't want you to go out in the field and be in danger; he did not want to lose you, not after just becoming engaged.

You got the team to trust him. You convinced him he's not a bad guy and would be an amazing help in the field.

Now, there were two new official members of the Avengers.

Bucky stood by Steve's side in leading the Avengers. After you convinced them that he could be trusted, they actually believed you after hearing how he lead. Bucky became one of the most trusted members.

---

As you were eating a pizza, the alarm to the facility began to go off. Red lights were flashing everywhere, and you could hear explosions outside. You looked to where some of the members were and dropped your pizza.

"Suit up!" Bucky called, and everyone changed quickly. Everyone ran outside, and there it was: the red skull. HYDRA was coming for you. They warned you they would do something, and now they were. They were not pleased that you switched sides.

Steve and Bucky began to give attack plans, and everyone ran to where they were meant to be. You were with Clint, fighting off HYDRA agents.

"I have an idea. Stay here." Clint told you and walked off in a random direction. You continued fighting, and somehow ended up on the ground.

One of the agents managed to throw a rope around your ankles and pull it, so you fell on your back. You groaned in pain.

"We don't like the fact that you know too much." One of the head agents said.

"How could I remember anything?" You yelled. "I was brainwashed to forget everything! My family, my life!"

"But you'll never forget your Hydra work. I could easily go up to your little boyfriend, don't think I forgot about him now, and command him to kill you." He said. "Where's our soldier?"

"Bucky, get out of here, right now!" You said harshly into your earpiece.

"What's going on?" Bucky called back.

"You need to leave!" You yelled, much more audible this time.

The HYDRA agent smiled at you. "I've wanted to do this ever since Mr. America saved you." He held a gun to your head.

"Where the hell are you!?" Bucky yelled.

"Located!" Tony interrupted. You saw Iron Man fly above where you were, and start flying down. He shot the men around you down to the ground and picked you up, carrying you to the roof of the facility.

"You okay?" Tony asked and put his mask up. He cut off the rope around your legs and you say up.

"I'm good now." You said, out of breath.

"What do you want us to do?" Steve's voice rang through your ear.

"Kill them all." You said.

---

"You're okay!" Bucky ran up to you the next day. Getting rid of the agents wasn't as hard as you thought it would be. When they saw how mad everyone was, half of them scrambled. The others, they didn't really fight back that much.

"I'm okay; I'm okay." You hugged Bucky. He kissed your cheeks, and you had a tear fall down your face.

Bucky walked over to where Tony was standing. "I'll be forever in your debt." He said. "Thank you so much for saving (Y/N). I would not be able to live with myself if they died."

Tony smiled and said something quietly to Bucky. "Hey, (Y/N), have you remembered anything else?"

You thought. "Just what I did at Hydra. When I started adjusting to it, the brainwashing only half worked. I never remembered who I was before that."

Tony sighed. "Does this mean anything to you?" He showed you something. It was a locket. And you felt like you knew it. When you grabbed it from his hands, you stumbled back.

Memories flooded through your head. When they stopped, and everything was back to normal, you out your hand over your mouth and slowly walked over to Tony, giving him a hug.

"What happened?" Bucky asked.

"Tony's my brother."

Tony nodded slowly. "That's, that's why you wanted them on the team so badly..." Steve said quietly.

"Taken from Stark tower years ago. HYDRA broke in. That's why when I found out that HYDRA attacked a little town, I knew we had to go..." He said.

"This, yeah, this is weird," Bucky said, under his breath.