Eat The Damn Donut - Loki Laufeyson x Reader

Words: 901
Pairing: Loki Laufeyson x Reader
Featuring: Thor Odinson
Warnings: being sick, swearing
Requested by anon
Summary: Loki will not admit something you already know: he's sick. In your many efforts to help him, you decide to treat him to a delicious dessert.
Author's Note: Literally this entire thing is fluff. No, I don't have a reason for why Loki has a scepter, just go with it.

*Edited*

---

"You're still up?" You heard Thor's low voice from behind you.

"Uh-huh." You nodded as you messed around in the kitchen.

"What are you doing awake at this hour?" He asked.

You shrugged. "I could ask you the same thing."

He nodded. "What are you doing?"

"Your brother is not telling me something that is very clear. He cannot fall asleep with that dreaded cough." You said and held up a bowl. "So I made some soup to help."

Thor laughed. "Good luck with your boyfriend."

You nodded and grabbed the soup as you headed towards the rooms.  You could hear Loki coughing from three doors down. When he got sick, the bastard infection didn't go easy on him.

You knocked on the door once and walked inside, the bowl of soup in your hands. Loki seemed to force his coughing to stop, and he looked at you with a fake smile. "Dear, what are you doing?" He asked you, his voice obviously hoarse.

"Just checking up on you." You smiled, closing the door. "I brought soup to help stop your cough." You offered.

Loki nodded and looked away. "What a nice thought, but I am fine," He said. You could see straight through his lies.

"Fine." You shrugged and set down the bowl of soup and started to walk over to Loki's bed.

Loki gave you a confused look when you sat down next to him. "Now what are you doing?"

You looked over at him with a smile. You loved how he looked when he was ready to go to sleep. His hair was left to do its own thing after he washed all the hair gel out, making it wavy and soft, which was gorgeous, and you happened to love it more than a person should. It was the same with his nightwear: in contradiction to what he wore in the day of black and green, he wore a lighter colored, loose-fitting outfit to bed, which was nice to see.

"Did you hear me?" He put his hand on your shoulder to catch your attention. He coughed but covered it up with a small laugh. Only then did you realize you zoned out to check out your boyfriend, and that happens more than it should.

"Yes," You smiled, "I just came to sit with you, and since you cannot sleep, I thought to stay up with you." You said as you moved around to get comfortable.

"That is very sweet of you, but are you sure you do not want to sleep yourself?" He raised an eyebrow as he felt another cough coming on but forced himself not to. As much as he liked having you by his side, this was the one time he didn't want you with him. He was afraid you were going to get sick, and he really didn't want you to get sick because he didn't want to admit to himself that he, himself, was sick.

"Yes." You nodded. "You know what I would like?" You asked, your tired self beginning to show through.

"What would you like?" Loki asked.

"I would like to have a donut." You sighed.

"A donut?" Loki laughed a bit, confused about where this came from.

"Like the dessert from Midgard." You said in a 'duh' voice.

Loki shook his head at you with a shrug. "I don't believe I've had it."

You gasped. "Loki!"

"Sorry?"

"Give me your scepter." You said, and there was no stopping you, so Loki easily gave in and handed you the scepter.

You waved it around in a circle slowly, and a donut appeared in your hand. You smiled and held it out to Loki. "Donut."

Loki coughed again when he stifled out a laugh. "Job well done, darling; you can enjoy your donut now." He told you.

You shook your head. "No, it is for you." You held your hand out further.

"I told you, I am not hungry." He pushed your hand away.

You groaned, "Eat the damn donut!"

Loki jumped to look at you, and slowly took the donut out of your hands and took a small bite. He nodded with a smile plastered on his face.

"What's wrong?" You asked, worried.

Loki sighed and looked down. "Fine, I am sick..." He seemed ashamed to admit it, but at least it was getting him somewhere.

You smiled and clapped your hands together. "Finally!"

Loki looked at you with a glare. "I knew you were sick; you did not want to admit it," You gave an evil smile, "I cracked you."

"I do not want to get you sick, too." He sighed.

"Then let's go get you some medicine?" You offered as you stood up out of bed.

Loki groaned and grabbed your hand. "Why not do that tomorrow?" He asked and pulled you back to sit on the bed. "This is fun, conjure up some more donuts and continue to talk nonsense, love." He suggested.

"Loki..." You sighed; he really needed medicine.

"I promise, tomorrow." He smiled.

"You are off the hook this one time, mister." You stuck your pointer finger up in front of him.

"Dear, I love you." He sounded and looked like a puppy that didn't want to leave your side.

"No, you're sick. No kisses." You pushed him back. "But more donuts, yes." You smiled and stole the scepter from his bedside yet again.