Gone - Steve Rogers x Reader

Words: 1329
Pairing: Steve Rogers x Reader
Featuring: Natasha Romanoff, Clint Barton, Tony Stark, Bruce Banner
Warnings: kidnapping, torture (not graphic, but described)
Requested by anon
Summary: You and Steve are good friends and work on projects at SHIELD together. One day, HYDRA shows up, and decides you are the perfect bait. Steve does not take it well.
Author's Note: This was sad to write, but I still like it!

*Edited*

---

They had warned everyone to watch their backs and never let their guard down. Everyone was told to stay inside until further notice and to be careful no matter what. They had found a guy trying to sneak into the SHIELD headquarters, who was on record as a HYDRA worker. They only found one; who knows how many they had nearby or already inside?

Captain America was in the building, so he started to patrol around to see if he could find anyone who wasn't supposed to be there. And with your luck, you were the reason he was there. You two had been working together for quite a while on a project for SHIELD, and you were so very grateful that he agreed to it. (He's a great guy.)

He had you stay in the room where you two were working in case they were after him. Little did you know that you guys working together for so long had caused him to grow some feelings.

You were sitting in the corner of the room, not really worrying, but trying to stay hidden. You were doing as Steve asked; he was looking out for you.

You heard someone yell from outside of your room, and you hid your head in your hands, with your knees up against the chest.

The door was thrown open a moment later. "Let's see..." You heard a deep voice.

You looked up for a split second, only to make direct eye contact with the guy.

"Well, well, well," The man smiled. "You look important." Three men began to walk towards you; one had a cloth in his hand. You tried to get up as quick as you could, but once you were standing, they were already in front of you, and the cloth was placed on your face before you could even try to get away.

---

"We have a huge problem!" Steve ran into the Avengers facility, freaking out.

"What's the problem?" Natasha asked.

"Did you hear about HYDRA getting into SHIELD today? They found an agent outside..."

"No, I didn't hear anything," Natasha told him.

"Well, I was there working with someone on that project when they found the guy, so I went to look around to make sure that there wasn't anyone inside that wasn't supposed to be there. So I left my partner in the room to stay safe, and when I got back, they were gone, the window was shattered, and their phone was on the ground." Steve said very quickly.

"Slow down there," Tony said as he walked into the room. "So, sounds like we have to go save your crush?"

"There are so many bases, even ones we don't know about. How will we know where they are?" Steve started to ramble, completely ignoring Tony's comment.

"We'll find them," Natasha said. "Give me some time to investigate." She told Steve and walked out of the room. Clint would probably end up helping, as well as Banner.

And Steve worried. It took them days to hear anything. All Steve could do was sit around and fear; he would try to help but would get distracted by worrying.