Intern - Steve Rogers x Reader

Words: 1116
Pairing: Steve Rogers x Reader
Featuring: Natasha Romanoff, Tony Stark, Clint Barton
Warnings: Swearing, explosion
Requested by (anon) and subject-a-9
Summary: It can be a lot to juggle, being a Stark intern and a college student; there's no way you would have time to find love! However, Natasha thinks differently.
Author's Note: I love this one I think it's so cuteeee

*Edited*

---

"What the hell does that even mean?" You whispered to yourself as you tapped the pencil against your chin. You re-read the question of your crazy college homework, and, alas, you were getting frustrated you still didn't understand it.

You took a drink of your coffee and looked around the little cafe. There wasn't much activity going on; it was kind of late. There were a few other people, but they were probably going to leave soon, and the others weren't even paying attention to anything.

You looked back down at the paper and read the question one more time. Still not understanding, you read the next question. But with your luck, it related to the question above.

You groaned, "Is this really worth it?" You whispered to no one, "I could just drop out and be a stripper." You laughed at yourself, just making sure you were going insane. "That would be a bad idea." You looked back down and started to re-analyze the question, but nothing was working.

"What are you doing here?" Your head snapped up when you heard the familiar voice.

"You know...just studying. Exams." You nodded but didn't make any eye contact, your shy trait poking through.

Steve laughed and stood opposite of you. "Do you do anything other than work and school?"

You laughed, "Sometimes."

"I think that should change. Mind if I sit?" Steve smiled when he received a nod from you.

You were happy that Steve was here; even if you were nervous around him, he was a good reason to take a break from studying.

"So, what are you doing here? Shouldn't you be out there Avenger-ing?" You asked and cringed when you realized how dumb you sounded.

Steve shook his head, "Nope, Natasha wanted coffee from this exact cafe, and I decided I needed some time away from the team for a bit, so I offered to grab it."

Of course, it was Nat... You rolled your eyes slightly, thinking about what she had said to you. It involved the words, "Just go for it; it's obvious he sees something in you!" Which you gratefully ignored.

"That's cool," You smiled with a nod. Looking back down at your book, there was a strange silence, "I should get going, it's late, and I've got a test soon," You told him.

Steve smiled and put his hand up to wave, but before he could say anything, he was cut off. "Rogers?" And Steve stood up to grab the coffee.

"See you at the tower, (Y/N)."

---

"Natasha Romanoff!" You stormed into the training room the following day.

She turned around and stopped kicking the dummy, a smile plastered on her face. "Hey, what's up?"

"You know damn well what's up."

Natasha shook her head with a little chuckle, "No idea what you're talking about."

"You made Steve go to the cafe you knew I would be at! You know how I-"

"Why would you assume I would do something like that?" She smirked and turned around, "It's not evil; I'm just being your best friend."

"You may be my best friend, but that doesn't mean you aren't evil," You shot a glare.

Natasha smirked at you, and you turned around right as Steve walked into the training room. "Hey, (Y/N)!" Steve waved to you.

"Hi, Steve," You murmured and glared at Natasha, "Well, I've got to get going guys, you know, interning stuff." You lied, but you were able to sneak out of the room without question.

"There you are!" Tony spotted you with a smile, "How was coffee with Steve?"

"I had coffee with Steve?" You asked.

"Natasha told me she saw you guys at the cafe together last night," Tony explained with a raised eyebrow.

"Oh, we just bumped into each other for five minutes. Nothing to worry about," You laughed.

"Right," A small smile formed on Tony's face, "Can you do me a favor and file these away?" He held out some papers, and you nodded as you took them.

"Sure," You took the papers and headed to the elevator to go to storage and put away the random papers.

Tony smiled to himself and headed to find Cap, and once he did, he started teasing him. "So, when are you going to ask them out?" He gestured towards the direction you walked in.

"What do you mean?" Steve raised his eyebrow.

Tony shrugged, "I mean, you have a thing for them. Just make a damn move."

"Brace yourselves!" Clint yelled as he ran through the hallways, and only a second later, there was an explosion a few floors below.

Everyone stumbled over, but something struck in Steve's brain that he had to get up. He ran towards the stairs as everyone yelled after him, "(Y/N) is downstairs! They could be hurt!" And he swiftly picked up his shield, proceeding to rush down the stairs, shouting your name.

Tony got into his suit to help Steve, but Steve already had a headstart.

"Who's there?" You whispered when you heard footsteps.

You heard Steve's voice call your name and slowly started to walk towards it. "Where are you?" He said loudly.

"Steve," You started to talk a little louder.

"There you are!" Steve rushed over and pulled you into a quick hug, "We need to get out of here; we were hit."

"Hit by what?" You asked as you walked with Steve's arm still around you.

"A HYDRA jet," Tony answered, running through the room in his suit, proceeding to fly out the window. He shot at the jet and took the people inside the jet, outside, and threw them to Clint to shoot his arrows with some rope around them, resulting in the HYDRA agents being tied up.

"For interrogation later," Clint nodded towards you.

Tony took out the jet and soon returned to the Tower, and Natasha strolled over to you and Steve.

"I think while we're talking to these agents, you should take (Y/N) to the coffee shop. Help them study!" Natasha suggested, which ended up with you replying with wide eyes.

"Oh no, no, it's okay, I can go myself," You told the two of them and started to back away.

"(Y/N)," Steve stopped you, "I'm going with you."

"Really- it's okay!" You tried to protest.

"He could help you with World War II," Natasha smirked.

"You know I'm not studying that-"

"Just go, you crazy lovebirds!" She made both of you turn around and walk away, causing a lot of laughter from Steve and yourself.

"Lovebirds?" You looked up at him.

Steve shrugged, "She may have a point," He continued walking, but his arm found its way back on your shoulder.